9 months ago
Over the past 60 years, Moog has developed a reputation throughout the world as a company whose people and products are at the forefront of the aerospace industry. We are known for our successful solutions to motion control challenges that are viewed by others as impossible. Over this period, Moog has expanded its capability base to become a leading supplier of integrated control actuation systems for civil and military aircraft.
If it’s got to fly, Moog’s team of engineers and technicians can make it happen.
In an industry that continuously pushes technology to its absolute limits, employing the best and brightest in the field is crucial.
Are you methodical and have keen attention to detail?
Do you take pride in doing the job right every time?
Would you like the opportunity to work in the area's most prestigious machine shop?
Are you a skilled, quality-oriented lathe machinist?
Our Aircraft Group is seeking an experienced CNC lathe machinist to run Okuma LU35, Okuma LU300, and Okuma LR25 Lathes to support production in the Piston Lathe Cell on 2nd shift.
What you can expect from day-to-day...
* Perform a complete range of operations on all types of materials on a CNC lathe.
* In your area of specialty (Lathe), you will perform set-ups and all other machinist level functions.
* You will be provided the opportunity to operate machines outside his/her area of expertise and to deburr parts.
* Participate in the planning of work within the Cell and help solve problems occurring within the Cell.
* Take responsibility for the inspection of all work performed; detecting unusual conditions, defective materials, and deviate parts; and recognizing errors in blueprints and operation sheets.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent with over 1 year up to and including 3 or more years of CNC lathe machining experience.
* Capable of diversified machining of a variety of parts to very close tolerances.
* Requires the use of judgment to plan, perform, and make decisions as to the sequence of setups, operations & processes.
* Must be able to recognize errors in tooling, fixtures & make appropriate suggestions for correction.
* Requires the use of shop math, together with use of complicated drawings,
* specifications, charts and various types of adjustable measuring instruments.
* Must be able to read blueprints and be familiar with GD&T.
* Must be able to work 2nd shift.
* In accordance with strict Federal Aviation Agency regulations regarding Safety Sensitive Work (S.S.W.), employee enrollment & participation in the company's F.A.A Drug & Alcohol Program is a requirement for this position.
Comprehensive benefits package includes: Annual Profit Share, 401(k) Plan; Health, Dental and Life Insurance; Paid personal days and vacation, 9.5 paid holidays annually, and 10% shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Moog Inc. is an EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity