4 months ago
* Provides line services in support of scheduled flight operations. These services include inspection, servicing, cleaning, launching and recovery of aircraft. Will be required to operate self-propelled ground equipment during daily routine. Services are primarily performed outside. Must complete training program and be certified in writing as a plane captain. Required to re-qualify annually. May be required to handle hazardous materials in performance of assigned duties. Limited use of hand tools which normally include screwdrivers, flashlights and tools necessary to assist with engine rinses and aircraft washes.
* Must display a good working knowledge of assigned aircraft and servicing requirements.
* Must display a good working knowledge of inspection requirements and Company instructions.
* Must complete a Government approved Plane Captain Certification Program for type aircraft.
* Must be able to read, speak, write legibly and understand the English language.
* Must have a valid state operators’ license and be able to pass Government licensing requirements.
* Must be customer oriented.
* Launch and recover aircraft in accordance with specific guidelines during day and night hours.
* Perform aircraft inspections in accordance with published criteria.
* Perform fueling operations using gravity fill and closed circuit refueling methods.
* Service engine oil and hydraulic systems as required.
* Act as a member of an aircraft moving crew when directed.
* Perform aircraft washing and lubrication when assigned.
* Act as a member of the engine rinse team when directed.
* Be familiar with and operate portable fire fighting equipment.
* Use provided safety equipment when working with hazardous materials.
* Maintain cleanliness of the work center and around your assigned work area.
* Responsible for adhering to all applicable Foreign Object Damage (FOD) prevention rules and regulations.
* Responsible for the adhering to the Company Tool Control Program.
* Must comply with established General and Industrial Safety Rules and Regulations as applicable to the contract, facilities and job assignment.
* Maintain appropriate records of all work accomplished.
* May be required to perform off-site service on assigned detachments.
* May be required to perform simple computer input functions.
* Pursuant to the specific provisions of the CBA, at the discretion of management, may be requested to perform the duties of Lead.
* When assigned to outlying fields:
* Maintain a communications link with line supervisory personnel and the on-site crash crew.
* May be required to remove and reinstall aircraft doors for specific outlying field operations.
* Provide gravity and hot fueling services at outlying fields when assigned.
* Assist when directed to ensure safety, security and preservation of Government owned and Company owned equipment.
* Perform other reasonably related incidental duties when directed within the job classification.
* Maintains the highest ethical personal and professional standards.
* Other projects and initiatives as assigned.
* One (1) year aircraft experience and completion of Aviation School or one (1) year experience with OJT certification on selected tasks.
* Must have basic mechanical aptitude.
* Must be able to pass comprehensive testing, demonstrate practical knowledge after training and successfully complete examination by the Plane Captain Board to become a qualified Plane Captain within 120 days.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
* Must be able to work weekends, other shifts and overtime as required.
* The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
* Some travel will be required.
* Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instruction.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and Company Proprietary data.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions
* Climbing, standing stooping, bending pushing, kneeling, stretching, extensive walking and working in tiring uncomfortable positions. May require lifting of objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
* The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. May be exposed to electrical shock hazards.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Formal or Specialized Training/Equivalent
* Hazardous Waste Communications Training
* FOD and TCP Awareness Trained
* Security Clearance Awareness Training
* OPNAV INST 4790.2 Program Awareness
* ISOProgram Awareness
* Government On Line Data (GOLD) System Trained #
* Valid State Drivers License
* Egress System Checkout Certified
* GSE Licensed Certified
* Aircraft Brake Rider Certified
* Aircraft Towing Certified
* Plane Captain Certified
* Operational Risk Management (ORM) Training
* Fuel Surveillance Trained
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
: Afternoon - 2nd
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Individual Contributor
: Apr 18, 2018, 9:03:17 PM