11 months ago
Performs aircraft on and off equipment egress systems repair and maintenance tasks. Performs aircraft scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, servicing, launch and recovery, corrosion control and inspection with minimum supervision. Operates ground support equipment and flight line vehicles. Assists in aircraft/equipment movement and flight line foreign object prevention walks. Works for the Lead Mechanic, ALSS (AME).
* Must be customer oriented.
* Maintains assigned aircraft in accordance with Navy, manufacturer and company distributors.
* Responsible for all egress system on and off equipment maintenance on T45 aircraft.
Removes, transports, inspects, repairs and reinstalls ejection seats.
Inspects, repairs and cleans seat harnesses.
Inventories, stores, removes and replaces seat CAD/PAD explosive items
Maintains environmental system on T-45 aircraft.
Maintains, inspects canopy explosive devices.
Maintains and inspects on board oxygen generating system (OBOGS)
* Performs aircraft scheduled/unscheduled on and off equipment maintenance.
* Performs aircraft corrosion control procedures to include wash, wipe down, polish and vacuum.
* Operates GSE, flight line vehicles and other support equipment as required.
* Drives tractors for the purpose of towing equipment and aircraft.
* Annotates maintenance actions in aircraft forms and VIDS/MAF or GOLD/ECMS System.
* Orders aircraft/equipment parts.
* Supervises/assists in aircraft/equipment movement and flight line foreign object prevention walks.
* Responsible for adhering to all applicable Foreign Object Damage (FOD) prevention rules and regulations.
* Shall perform other job related duties as may be assigned.
* May be required to perform off-site service on assigned detachments.
* Maintain assigned aircraft in accordance with Navy, Manufacturer and Company Instructions.
* Use provided test equipment and Ground Support Equipment to perform assigned tasks.
* Read, interpret, and apply instructions from Blueprints, schematics and other approved data.
* Assist with ordering parts, tools, materials and equipment as required.
* Maintain cleanliness of the work center and around your assigned work area.
* Responsible for adhering to Company Tool Control Program.
* Must comply with established General and Industrial Safety Rules and Regulations as applicable to the contract, facilities and job assignment.
* Ensure proper operation and use of special test equipment and Ground Support Equipment.
* Maintain appropriate records of all work accomplished.
* May be required to perform simple computer input functions.
* Perform corrosion control cleaning and removal as required utilizing appropriate safety precautions.
* Maintains the highest ethical personal and professional standards.
* Other projects and initiatives as assigned.
The Aircraft Mechanic ALSS (AME) shall have three (3) years’ experience within the last six (6) years in ejection seat maintenance and three (3) years’ recent system component repair experience. The Aircraft Mechanic ALSS (AME) must be a graduate of a military or factory equivalent ejection seat course of instruction. The egress specialist shall be qualified on ground support equipment applicable to the specialty. The Aircraft Mechanic ALSS (AME) shall be familiar with Navy technical publications; shall be capable of conducting on-the-job training and maintenance of Contractor personnel seat/cockpit safety checkout training records; and shall be experienced and qualified in the removal and replacement of ejection seats, canopies and explosive devices, both “I” and “0” levels.
The Aircraft Mechanic ALSS (AME) shall also be experienced and qualified in the rigging of explosive linkages/devices applicable to seats and canopy. The Aircraft Mechanic ALSS (AME) shall be able to perform flow checks on egress systems; shall have experience in the fitting and rigging of aircraft canopy, canopy drive and locking mechanisms, both “I” and “0” levels. The Aircraft Mechanic ALSS (AME) shall be a graduate of a specialty course on the applicable ejection seat.
Must have a minimum of three (3) years documented hands on general experience in this specific aircraft maintenance occupational field, or the military or commercial equivalent. Must be familiar with aircraft systems, tools, drawings, schematics and normal safety requirements. Must be able to meet any Government/company licensing/qualification requirements for the position. FAA A&P License is desired.
* Must deal with the customer and company employees in a courteous, professional and effective manner.
* Must be experienced in environmental control systems both “I” and “0” levels.
* Must be in-depth working knowledge of aircraft safety directives.
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Must have a current civilian driver's license, and be able to obtain and maintain a Government flight line driver’s license.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a level or security clearance required by the Government.
* Must have an in-depth knowledge (aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards) of flight line operations.
* Must have an in depth knowledge of aircraft common and special tools and test equipment.
* Must have an in-depth knowledge of aircraft technical orders/job guides/publications—read, interpret, follow and comprehend schematic diagrams, drawings, charts and technical publications.
* Must have a working knowledge (input and extract data) of computers.
* Must be willing and able to work with job required hazardous materials.
* Must be willing and able to conduct specialty on the job training
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
* Must be able to work weekends, other shifts and overtime as required.
* The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
* Some travel will be required.
* Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instruction.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and Company Proprietary data.
Formal/Specialized Training or Equivalent
Hazardous Waste Communication Training
FOD and TCP Awareness Trained
Security Clearance Awareness Training
OPNAV INST 4790.2 Program Awareness
Government On Line Data (GOLD) System Trained
Valid State Drivers License
Support Equipment Operation
Plane Captain Certified #
Non-Nuclear Ordnance Certified
Aircraft Brake Rider Certified
Aircraft Towing Certified
Fuel Surveillance Trained #
Operational Risk Management (ORM) Training
Egress System Checkout
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions
This classification is usually accomplished in a maintenance hangar/outdoor flight line-like environment and as such requires the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with on equipment/aircraft activities. Typical physical activities include climbing, standing, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and extensive walking and working in tiring uncomfortable positions. May require lifting of objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range an environment where there is little on no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards may prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and electrical shock hazards.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Individual Contributor
: May 1, 2018, 4:50:36 PM
: Installation and Maintenance