about 1 year ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Support the Catering Disbursements Manager with the validation, approval, reconciliation and payment of catering invoices (including miscellaneous and laundry), while some support to Supplier Disbursement Manager with supplier invoice entries, approvals, reconciliations and payments.
* Analyze and approve invoice error codes on a daily basis, based on the specific contractual terms of each vendor.
* Resolve, refute and address caterers’ technical or financial problems, unauthorized submissions, and other urgent disputes or queries on a regular and timely basis via written and verbal communication
* Create and revise all specification inputs within IT billing system relating to caterer’s contractual terms, such as tax regulations, unit costs, discount applications, corporate account allocations, etc.
* Work closely with Commercial group to rectify any system price discrepancies, product updates or missing specifications that are identified within audit processes
* Lead detailed IT system training sessions with all new caterers onboarding and for all version release updates with each existing caterer. Plus provide continuous on-going system support to caterers.
* Execute post-authorization audit & certification checks for the critical identification of any irregular operations which require prompt reversal and credit toward Air Canada, and actively support processes of the Air Canada internal audit team
* Create queries to assist in payment processes, dispute resolution, corporate financial reporting or historical information validation.
* Meet with Catering Disbursement Manager to review and resolve open complex billing issues.
* Direct appropriate authorizations to all Domestic and International payment centres and ensure contractual payment term adherence.
* Assist the Supplier Disbursement team with supplier invoice payments & processing as required
* Initiate and/or aid in delivery of special reports for vendor management or purposes as required by Manager or Director.
* Excellent technical and analytical experience/background is essential.
* Well-versed and experienced in, complex software programs as end-user
* Understanding of accounting principles, financial processes and catering and supplier invoice processing requirements. (tax knowledge an asset)
* Strong inter-personal skills and ability to effectively build relations with internal/external customers and with direct team
* Results driven, self-starter open minded to constant learning
* Methodical decision maker with strong problem resolution and communication skills
* Work effectively in a fast paced, self-directed and team-based environment.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize workload, with dependable follow-up skills.
* Post-secondary education or training in accounting is an asset
* Knowledge or experience in airline industry or catering industry is also an asset
* English (spoken and written) level 4 is essential, French will be an asset.
* Strong knowledge of Excel (including use of Pivot and Look-up tables)
* Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Procurement / Logistics