Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic, Mexico and Jamaica on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The CASS (Continuous Analysis & Surveillance System) Analyst is a key agent in measuring and maintaining the effectiveness and performance of Frontier's CAMP and CAS System through rational analysis and manipulation of the QA Audit Program. The duties of this position are, but not limited to, the following:
• Analyze and evaluate all forms of CAMP (Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program) surveillance data for systemic issues and trends.
o Catalog audit findings so that data can be used to perform deep analysis.
o Compile and publish various reports to illustrate such issues and trends
o Report findings and trends to management and the QA Board
• Compile, build, and publish the monthly QA Report which includes reporting monthly performance and standards as well as control limits exceeded and analysis of those limits exceeded; distribute to company officers, directors and the FAA.
• Monthly QA Board Meeting:
o Analyze and evaluate data from QA Report for presentation at QA Board Meeting.
o Compile, produce, and distribute agenda for QA Board meeting.
o Build electronic presentation to include graphs, photographic supporting documentation, QA Audit. Data, and supporting Internal Department Data
o Actively participate by presenting overview of statistical data and performance and analysis of trends and findings as required by AC 120-79.
o Report progress or status of issues from previous meetings.
• Recommend changes to the QA Audit Program as a result of analysis of Performance and Findings Trends
• Review, analyze, and compile all non-mechanical delays and cancellations and ensure the descriptions in the CASS Delay/Cancellation database are consistent with the flight logs in order to support and produce the monthly QA Board Report.
• Tabulate unscheduled removals of components reported by Service Difficulty Report (SDR) and report statistically on the component removals in the Monthly QA Board Report.
• Work with other departments to correct erroneous data as necessary
• Facilitate meetings with internal departments as required to present Frontier's position with regard to trends in audit findings and press for resolution.
• Travel to stations/providers with audit findings trends when a site visit would aid in understanding root causes; work with station/provider to develop processes to resolve findings trends.
• Conduct Line and Hangar visits as necessary.
• Vol.D Maintain familiarization with the training requirements necessary as defined in the GMM 100: Maintenance Training Program and ensure training is current prior to performing the functions and tasks of this position
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager of Reliability & CASS.