about 1 year ago
Responsibilities of Position:
* • Understand and follow Company procedures, operating manuals, work instructions and standard operating procedures required to support goals related to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
* • Operate textile equipment related to Preform Department
* • Perform OIP operations and density checks, build/tear-down furnace trays, and clean Hi-Temp. tooling/equipment
* • Set-up and operate carbon machining equipment, and perform quality inspections
* • Perform RFPC tasks as assigned, which may include (but not limited to ): receiving worn carbon disks, operating the washer, loading/unloading furnaces and pre-riveting
* • Perform material handling to ensure product traceability to meet quality and scheduling demands
* • Monitor equipment and record data to document the manufacturing process
* • Troubleshoot manufacturing anomalies related to equipment operation, productivity and quality
* • Perform preventive maintenance as required to meet production and maintenance schedules
* • Adhere to required housekeeping requirements for the manufacturing areas
* • Submit and support continuous improvement ideas in order to improve safety, quality, delivery and cost
* • Perform other related duties as required
* • High school diploma/GED
Physical/Environmental Scope of Position:
* • Vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
* • Subjected to inside environmental conditions, noise, vibration, oils, and other related industrial hazards
* • Work in/near electro-magnetic fields created by high temperature induction furnaces
* • May be exposed to and handle hazardous wastes as defined in 40 CFR 261.3
* • Must demonstrate the physical capacity to meet the demands of the "Light" Job Placement Assessment (JPA) as administered by St. Elizabeth Business Health Services
Required Behavioral Dimensions:
* • Adaptability
* • Contributing to Team Success
* • Energy
* • Quality Orientation
* • Safety Awareness
* • Work Standards
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. As a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of commercial, regional, business and military transport, the company provides support to 27,000 aircraft completing more than 54,000 landings a day.