about 1 year ago
The Caravan Captain will provide safe, efficient and compliant flight services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Safely maneuver aircraft in all phases of flight; check all conditions concerning the flight, including weather, cargo safety and verify go/no-go decision; verify fuel requirements and related weather variables and assure proper loading; make alternate destination decision should the intended destination not be available.
* Be in command of all situations as they arise relating to any unusual circumstances occurring during the flight; maintain responsibility for all communications during the flight with stations, towers, flight controllers and dispatchers; file all reports required by the FAA and report any unusual behavior of the aircraft in flight to proper dispatch or maintenance personnel; maintain proper records of flight hours in conjunction with Dispatch to assure proper FAA rest requirements and Company directives are met.
* Supervise personnel related to the flight in coordination with other supervisors; maintain familiarity and knowledge of new concepts and innovations, changes in regulations, procedures and improvements concerning the safe operations of all Company aircraft; maintain full knowledge of all applicable policies, procedures, manuals, handbooks and protocol; serve as a positive, constructive, communicative leader for the organization and its customers and policies for the industry and its participants.
* Review Company bulletins and other correspondence, e-mails and voicemails on a daily basis; submit all transmittals, expense reports and other Company documents/correspondence accurately and in accordance with policy and procedures.
* Serve as positive role model for ethical behavior and promote an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles that is consistent with these principles; provide guidance, direction, management and support in a secure and dignified work environment; promote and support the mission of Empire Airlines.
* Other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Commercial Pilot License with instrument and SEL
* 1200 TT
* 800 PIC
* 500 Cross-Country
* 100 Night
* 75 IFR (50 actual) Current and Proficient
* 2nd Class Medical
Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must adhere to the Company’s FAA/DOT required Drug and Alcohol Program.
Work is performed outdoors and in an aircraft. Will be exposed to inclement weather Requires standing, walking, sitting, bending and stooping for extended periods of time. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity, speaking, seeing and hearing to conduct business. Work at different locations as required.