4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
UTC Aerospace Systems, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. UTC Aerospace Systems employs approximately 42,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of $14 billion.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
This position assures that all measuring and test equipment meets the requirements as specified in the UTC Quality Manual, Aerospace Standard Manual and Industry requirements. It will support Quality, Production, and Non-production initiatives utilizing continuous improvement tools. Duties include; service all incoming T&ME, determine T&ME suitability for calibration, repair T&ME when within the capability of Metrology, and calibrate T&ME per UTC Quality Program and Industry guidelines. Individual must be able to perform duties in a direct supervised environment.
* Perform technical tasks based on detailed written or verbal instructions.
* Utilize various types of microelectronic, electronic, optical, electro-optical, mechanical, or electromechanical equipment, including computers and lasers.
* Perform simple troubleshooting, calibration or modification of hardware, fixtures, and software.
* Participate on project teams.
* Perform task prioritization
* Interacts with other functional groups (e.g. engineering, manufacturing) on routine technical matters.
* Apply technical expertise in the evaluation, development, maintenance and use of products, devices, tests, or procedures under constantly changing conditions where some ingenuity and judgment are required.
* Support activities through the resolution of problems and preparation and maintenance of documentation.
* Manage workflow throughout the area to achieve team goals.
* Evaluate and troubleshoot non-conformances.
* Fabricate hardware, equipment, tools or prototypes from drawings or sketches.
* Estimate labor, material, and manufacturing costs for the building and repair of product or process enhancement.
* Identify and correct minor process, material, design, or equipment.
* Provide accurate recording of time changes, test data, parts usage, etc. This requires limited data interpretation.
* Utilize multiple databases to create/use necessary information to provide information for decision making requiring limited judgment.
Technical Asset Management
* Manage technical assets.
* Requisitions, manages, and maintain technical assets.
* Effectively interact with others.
* Interface with other functional groups to update, inform, acknowledge or resolve problems related to business issues.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret detailed customer requirements, pertinent to industry requirements, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write and update procedures
* Minimal travel may be required for this position.
Other Position Requirements:
* Safety glasses and other safety equipment are required depending on the task.
Background check and/or drug screen notification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year)
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Minimum Education Requirement: High school diploma or GED.
* 1 year of document and records control experience
* 1 year of Technical/functional knowledge required to perform duties in at least one measurement discipline.
* 5 years working with MS Office Applications with a commitment to accuracy.
* Must be able to work flexible work schedule including over forty hours a week as needed
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.