10 months ago
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Buyer in our Seating Products Group business in Winston-Salem, NC.
The position is responsible for purchasing materials, components, equipment, and/or services.
* Purchases materials, parts, supplies, and equipment optimizing price, delivery, and terms.
* Items purchased may include complex parts with detailed specifications.
* Develops analysis to balance the value of competing bids.
* Solicits bids and quotations; reviews and negotiates purchase contracts for major commitments.
* Analyzes and evaluates bids to determine optimum value; selects suppliers; issues purchase orders; follows up; expedites as necessary; and evaluates vendors.
* Develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate and negotiate contracts.
* Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
* Conducts value analysis studies.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university, and a minimum of two years related experience.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and with external clients.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively with team members and cross functional teams.
* Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
* Ability to work proficiently in Microsoft Office Suite applications and other project and engineering related software programs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.