9 months ago
To carry out all required aspects of the procurement function for the acquisition of aerospace supply items in accordance with approved specifications, company Standard Plant Procedures (SPP’s) and Administrative Directives (AD’s). The incumbent will provide timely, cost-effective and high quality buying expertise, including added value sourcing and ordering of parts, Materials, equipment and services by applying and adhering to best commercial practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Implement and execute commodity strategy to support cost, quality, supplier reduction, and delivery sourcing goals.
* Source parts, materials, equipment and services from established vendors, new vendors and internet part bases.
* Review internal requests, prepare and release requests for quote (RFQ), tenders and negotiate pricing and terms & conditions with suppliers
* Prepare purchase orders from approved suppliers for approval and/or release in accordance with SPP’s and AD’s.
* Responsible for Supplier Management including but not limited to establishing supplier reporting and periodic supplier reviews as required to track and monitor progress, risks and constraints that may impact performance. Manage the risk and constraints in a proactive matter to ensure the supplier implements and adheres to workaround and/or recovery plans to meet on dock delivery dates and to mitigate scope and cost creep.
* Develop supplier relationships to ensure all parts & materials meet the requirements of internal and external customers.
* Responsible for the management of purchase records/orders in the MRP system (JD Edwards) including continually updating promised delivery dates, and purchase order notes (i.e: delivery status, constraints and risk)
* Continually benchmark, negotiate with and select those suppliers who can meet or exceed company requirements in terms of best value for price, quality, and delivery.
* Discuss discrepant, defective or unacceptable products/services with Receiving Inspection, Receiving and Quality Assurance departments, users, vendors and other to determine the source and root cause of the problem and the necessary corrective / preventative actions as required.
* Ensure invoice discrepancies are corrected accurately and in a timely manner.
* Work within and promote Lean practices to meet departmental and divisional goals.
* Interface with key stakeholders in a pro-active manner to obtain and provide information, including procurement technical advice in support of overall operations.
* Recommend and implement cost reduction initiatives.
* Receive internal and external training as required
* Provide oral and written reports and correspondence as required, internal and external
* Meet industry representatives on behalf of the company
* Carry out special assignments as required
* Participate in departmental and program review meeting
* Undergraduate degree and 5 to 7 years experience in purchasing/procurement ideally in the aerospace and/or aviation industries; or same level of experience in a similar type of complex and dynamic technical environment.
* Preference given to candidates pursuing the program of the Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) certification (SCMP).
* Skill in using MRP system; knowledge of JD Edwards would be considered an asset
* Skill in using computers for spreadsheet analysis and communications;
* Familiarity or experience with aerospace purchasing an asset.
* Dynamic and have the ability to multi-task and shift priorities in a very demanding work environment while providing a high level of accuracy and detail.
* Strong willingness and capability to lead others.
* Must be available for after regular hours evening / weekend coverage on an overtime and / or rotating shift basis if required.
* Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Works Government Services Canada (PWGSC) and Transport Canada security clearances
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 6S activities in your area.
* Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups you are encouraged to self identify on either your application form, covering letter or resume.