4 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Astronics Ballard Technology (Ballard), located in Everett, WA, is a leader in the design, manufacturing and support of avionics databus interface solutions for commercial and defense applications. Ballard's proven experience in providing products for test and simulation applications has provided a strong foundation for its robust and growing line of rugged embedded interface products. Ballard's proprietary Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) databus solutions are key to the operations and support of a wide range of military and commercial aircraft, including leading fixed wing, rotary wing, and unmanned systems. Ballard's high standards and consistency in engineering and production, driven by an AS9100 quality management system, have resulted in a long-standing reputation for superior reliability, quality, and service with strong customer relationships.
With a culture that reflects creative problem solving, helpfulness, and balance, Ballard has maintained a long history of profitability and growth, now employing over 65 valued employees.
Responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the Company's needs for indirect materials and services, fixed assets and tooling, and production materials and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services, and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; close coordination with engineering to assure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
* Secures and analyzes quotations; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers; and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
* Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics inventory control and management, negotiates prices and delivery terms with guidance from a Purchasing Manager for assigned responsibilities.
* Coordinates as appropriate, quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
* Organizes and implements, with direction from the Purchasing Manager, purchasing strategies to accomplish Small Business and Disadvantaged Business Sourcing Programs consistent with company guidelines.
* Visits suppliers' facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
* Commitment to excellence and high standards
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work with all levels of management
* Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
* Ability to manage priorities and workflow
* Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
* Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
* Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
* Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
* Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
1. An Associate’s or Technical degree and four (4) years of related industry and/or position experience, OR
2. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and two (2) years of experience in a related industry and/or position, OR
3. Five (5) years of experience in a related position and/or industry.
Experience with procurement of electronic components.
Position requires access to controlled technology and information. To abide by Export Compliance Regulations, candidates must have either US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident Alien Status. Must pass a criminal background check prior to starting work.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Astronics Ballard Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
Notice of Affirmative Action Plan for Individuals with Disabilities and for Veterans of the Vietnam Era:
It is policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified personnel at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and veterans of the Vietnam Era.
The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Program is to place qualified individuals with disabilities and Vietnam Era veterans in all job classifications. This Affirmative Action Program is available for inspection by any applicant or employee by Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you need an accommodation to apply, please contact us at BT.Jobs@astronics.com and we'll be happy to assist you.
Astronics Ballard Technology
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.