12 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.The Executive Aircraft Seating division manufactures interior products for business jets. Realize your full potential, in our dynamic and fast-paced environment where ideas, talents and experiences are valued. It is conveniently located between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Buyer/Planner in our Executive Aircraft Seating business located in Medley, FL.
Reporting to the Director of Materials, the Buyer/Planner will be responsible to manage, plan, schedule and purchase of all materials, equipment, services, tooling and components for assigned programs to meet business unit production goals. Assignments are typically complex and generally involve planning activities for products and/or production processes where the manufacturing process is variable.
* Analyzes value of competing bids; carries out broad assignments typically involving the purchase of critical items.
* Organizes program-based activities within the materials team; interacts with Engineering, Production, Quality and other departments that require materials coordination.
* Performs materials requirement analysis using various procurement and systems tools.
* Negotiates and issues program purchase orders, blanket orders and contracts to meet the long-range quality, delivery and cost targets of assigned programs.
* Represents procurement in all program meetings.
* Investigates, identifies and qualifies new sources for inventory and non-inventory (tooling) items.
* Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
* Monitors market trends and conditions.
* Monitors cost, schedule and scope of assigned commodities to assure best quality at best value.
* Provides input to management regarding problems such as shortages and design changes.
* Prepares Requests for Quotes (RFQs); solicits bids and quotations; reviews and negotiates purchase contracts for major commitments; analyzes and evaluates bids to determine optimum value; selects suppliers, issues purchase orders, follows up and expedites as necessary; evaluates vendor reliability.
* Monitors supplier performance and initiates corrective actions where required.
* Participates in program make/buy events.
* Suggests, investigates and implements cost savings initiatives.
* Monitors and reports on cost savings initiatives.
* Performs supplier commercial audits and visits when required.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university.
* Minimum of seven years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.