about 1 year ago
Sales & Purchasing
Job Code :
College Park GA US 30349
% of Travel Required :
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Job Description :
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
* Purchases materials, parts, supplies, and equipment following established purchasing policies and procedures and optimizes price, delivery, and terms; typically purchases $1-3 million per year; does not become heavily involved in the development of specifications, but the work is more complex than buying off-the-shelf items.
* Investigates and identifies qualified suppliers; issues requests for quotations, and monitors suppliers performance.
* Reviews, approves and issues purchase requisitions; follows up and expedites as necessary.
* Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items; estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
* Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels.
* Monitors customer orders with inventory reports for procurement of finished parts, raw material and/or outside services.
* Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
* As required, monitors the cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
* Monitors market trends and conditions.
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Coordinates activities of Engineering, Production Control, Purchasing and other departments to achieve optimum utilization of facilities in meeting production schedules.
* Provides input to management regarding problems such as shortages, design changes, backlogs, and the like.
* Analyze component and raw material usage history along with supplier lead times to monitor and maintain accurate safety stock levels.
* Performs other related duties as required.
Job Requirements :
* High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field, from an accredited college or university preferred.
* At least five years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager)
* CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES
* Language/Communication: English; Excellent communication skills both written and oral required. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, outlook; Experienced in use of MRP Systems.
* Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Reasoning Abilities: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills, strict attention to details and ability to multitask and prioritize as necessary, with minimal supervisory direction. Must be flexible in handling multiple tasks. Very high degree of accuracy in accomplishing the repetitive handling of various technical documents
* Interpersonal Skills: Must work well in a team environment and independently.
* Technical Skills: Working technical knowledge of aviation maintenance procurement