8 months ago
Summary Statement: Applies basic and some advanced technical skills and knowledge to fabricate, rework and repair metallic or nonmetallic bonded parts for operational aircraft applications. Performs any of the detailed work operations required to be completed in this area of specialization.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
* Performs bonding of metallic or nonmetallic materials to fabricate parts for aircraft applications using products and processes are varied but generally not complex in scope. The level of work performed requires some skill and experience. Works under regular supervision applying standard procedures and solutions to meet work requirements. Priorities are determined by management.
* Reads and interprets blueprints, drawings, manuals, specifications sketches, job orders, planning documents and engineering drawings.
* Determines equipment requirements and the method and sequences of operation to be followed in fabrication of parts using materials such as graphite, fiberglass, plastic, boron, flock, mat, epoxy resins, rubber and like materials.
* Plans, lays out, fabricates and builds adhesive bonded assemblies of metallic and nonmetallic composite materials.
* Fabricate composite and metal parts into subassemblies for the purpose of prefitting in preparation for bonding/curing in presses, ovens, and autoclaves.
* Lays out, prefits, assemble and performs lay-up on a variety of metal to metal and composite bonded assemblies.
* Fits core in panels where close tolerances are required for installation of details for completion of assembly.
* Performs vacuum bagging for Autoclave cures up to 100 psi.
* Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates.
* Selects tooling and materials compatible with the processing techniques identified in the work instructions.
* Ancillary Functions and Responsibilities: Performs other duties as required. These duties may include assignments in job classifications other than the primary assignment.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Formal Education, Training and Work Experience: Experience may be substituted for the formal education and training requirements in this section at the discretion of management. Technical school and two (2) to four (4) or more years of metallic and nonmetallic bonding, or equivalent combination of education and experience