8 months ago
* Boeing Space and Missile Systems (SMS) has been recently awarded multiple contracts to provide engineering services across a broad of US Government efforts, including, among others, Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD), Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Minuteman III equipment replacement efforts, and other.
* Engineering effort includes supporting current subsystem hardware and support to the Space and Missile Systems (SMS) business systems. These systems employ electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, chemical, and other technologies.
* Duties may include performing system design and development, system analyses, system testing, data collection and analysis, development, review and update test procedures and Technical Orders, developing and presenting briefings, and other SMS related duties.
* Candidate applies knowledge of system engineering and scientific methods and tools to define and characterize behavior of products, services, and processes. Integrates technical, cost, value, and safety considerations into the product definition to comply with Department of Defense, regulatory, and company requirements.
* Ability to develop and interpret requirements, drawings, data sets, reports, and specifications is required.
* Interfaces with other members of project or program teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions to meet group, organization, and company objectives.
* Determines and develops approaches to solutions.
* Develops, documents, and maintains processes, methods, and tools.
* Helps resolve programmatic and technical problems that would affect cost, schedule, and performance.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
The individual should be goal-oriented and have a strong work ethic.
The ability to multi-task and work in a team environment is essential.
Work is accomplished in a multi-company team environment with customer participation.
Knowledge and experience in system development and analyses systems and tools is required.
System or sub-system test experience is a plus were automated test system results and data are synthesized and reviewed against performance expectations.
The ability to develop solutions to a wide range of complex technical problems, requiring ingenuity and innovation is necessary.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
Familiarity with specialized systems engineering tools such as DOORS and MBSE are preferred.
Masters of Science in System Engineering or Related Field, and Bachelors of Science in System Engineering or Related Field with related experience.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award