6 months ago
BGS Contracts Representative - Level 4
The Boeing Global Services (BGS) DLA Strategic Contracts team is seeking an experienced and dedicated Contracts Representative to serve as Performance Based lead for the Boeing Captains of Industry contracts activity. The Contracts Representative selected for this assignment will lead the acquisition team in support of requirements definition planning, organizing, development and submittal of proposals and subsequent negotiation and administration. This individual will work frequently with a wide range of businesses and divisions across Boeing and with external customers in both Prime and Inter-Organizational Transactions (IWT) roles. Through close coordination with various functions (including, but not limited to Estimating & Pricing, PFA, Supplier Management, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Financial Controls, Program Management, Global Sales and Marketing, etc.), the selected candidate will fulfill key roles on the DLA Strategic BGS team and will act as the Contracts Representative focal for Performance Based campaigns BGS Supply Chain Services. Responsibilities include forming Requirements Definition with internal and external customers; RFP review; Proposal Plan of Action development, coordination and facilitation; proposal development including risk analysis on strategic terms and conditions; proposal gate reviews; negotiations; contract award and post award activities. Candidates must exhibit strong leadership and organizational skills and should be able to act independently through the challenges and high-volume of proposal/estimate actions. The DLA Strategic team operates in a fast paced environment that requires the interested candidate to demonstrate the following critical skills and abilities: leadership, customer relationship building, communication and organization. Ability to work completely independently and lead decisions on strategic direction, counsel senior leadership on the program strategies, negotiation positions as well as brief multiple negotiation scenarios on ultimate program financials.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education / Experience
Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Experience in proposal development including risk analysis on strategic terms and conditions. Contract negotiation experience.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
• Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively across functions, and with counterparts that are located on various time zones.
• Detailed knowledge of USG and commercial proposal processes
• USG and commercial contract negotiation experience
• Contractual knowledge
• Familiarity with FAR and DFAR Terms and Conditions
• Experience with Performance Based Contracting
• Ability to creatively solve problems and generate alternatives
• Detailed knowledge of Boeing policies/procedures and external regulations/procedures
• Proactive attitude with demonstrated leadership skills
• Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
• Strong customer relationship skills
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to provide sound contractual guidance to program management
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award