5 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: Timken Drives is currently seeking an experienced welder for the Auger Mount department. The duties of the welder will be to perform repetitive duties, welding components on shafts to various sized Augers. The welder will work from shop orders, verbal instructions provided, and blueprints.
Essential Job Duties:
• Set heat temperatures on welders. Hand crank material into location. Position attachment or flight and activate welder; inspect weld and make minor adjustments as necessary.
• Inspect welds for proper location and making minor adjustments to position of welder gun.
• Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective material and refer questionable cases to supervisor. Maintain tools, equipment, and work area in proper manner.
• Place finished chain on pallet. When flight welding, must be able to lift chain from pallet to weld bench and back to pallet when completed.
• Responsible for quality: Accept training in blueprint reading, use of gauges and measuring tools common to manufacturing, along with related statistical process control principles and other quality control procedures.
• Must be knowledgeable in and practice all safety practices/procedures.
• Complete all training necessary to ensure all job specifications are met.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2-5 years of manufacturing welding experience desired.
• Blueprint reading
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Welding certification preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 70 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 70 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.