5 months ago
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Bearings & Gears - Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for monitoring assigned supplier quality performance. Track metrics & work quality improvement plans addressing problem areas. Ensure supplier quality management system complies with applicable GE and Industry Specifications. Investigate quality escapes & ensure minimal impact to the business. Provide root cause investigations & ensure effective corrective actions are taken / tracked.
In addition, as the Bearings & Gears - Value Engineer / Supplier Quality Engineer, you will :
* Responsible for Supplier Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality Development
Review supplier submitted routers, first article inspection data, and significant operations to determine part conformance and process capability
* Understand and drive Six Sigma / Lean practices
Own supplier improvement plans related to non-conformances (MRB) & Quality Escapes (QEM) and drive reductions through manufacturing improvements and engineering design changes
* Drive quality investigations across all organizations to develop root cause and effective corrective action plans
* Lead and provide investigation updates across customers, regulators and business leadership
Use data analytics to identify risks and opportunities for quality improvement and escape prevention
* Maintain supplier qualifications, action plans, audits, performance monitoring, and assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence
* Proactively review drawings to identify risks for manufacturability and collaborate with Design Engineering on drawing / specification clarity and producibility
* Work with allocated key suppliers to improve On Time Delivery and Quality statistics to target levels
* Identify and deliver value-adding opportunities toward delivery and quality improvement
* Advise Functional managers or other Functions regarding approaches, processes and procedures within own field
Lead medium sized projects and be a major contributor to larger projects
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Sourcing)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering or Manufacturing Quality Engineering
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Significant knowledge of manufacturing and special processes related to gear / gearbox and / or bearing manufacturing
* Background, experience, understanding of heat treating, coatings, inspection processes
* Solid understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
* Strategic thinking skills that enable development of systematic changes across the supply base to improve quality
* Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Mentor and Provide training for others in your area(s) of expertise
* Demonstrated ability to make good sound technical decisions
* Ability to deliver technical presentations (written & oral) to peers and upper management
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.