8 months ago
Bearing Design and Development Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 56335BR Date posted 11/06/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Bearing Design and Development Engineer shall be responsible for:
* Executing design and test programs for next generation air bearing technology in AMS products that seek to maximize field reliability and life of rotating machinery.
* Executing TRL development and qualification programs, and transition of air bearings into service.
* Creating and maintaining air bearing design and test standard work.
* Performing rotordynamic analysis, sizing bearings, generate machine layouts and all tasks required to successfully integrate air bearings in turbomachinery.
* Working in a cross-functional role involving supporting operations to improve robustness of manufacturing process, improve yield and lower cost.
* Supporting RRCA of field issues and drive corrective actions in bearing standard work and implement design changes.
* Supporting IR&D initiatives – e.g. Advance bearing test platforms, novel machine configurations and applications. Candidate will keep up to date on industry practices and advances relevant to air bearing design, testing and integration.
* 2 years minimum design or development engineering experience in a related field
* operating knowledge of pneumatic (Air cycle machines) and electrical turbomachinery
* Technical experience performing development work including instrumentation, measurement, and design
* Experience with UG NX or other CAD software within TeamCenter environment
* Experience with rotordynamic analysis and familiarity with testing of rotating machinery
* Air bearing manufacturing support
* Experience with sheet metal fabrication processes (rolling, forming)
* Working knowledge of Labview, Matlab, TEDAS
Education: BS In Mechanical Engineering or related field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.