6 months ago
This is for a Reliability, Maintainability & Availability (RM&A) position in the BDS SEIT Capability, supporting the Specialty Engineering team on Oklahoma City programs (e.g. LAE&S, AEW&C, ASC2).
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for a wide variety of RM&SH engineering tasks including Reliability Requirements Development and Flow-down, Reliability Modeling and Predictions, FMECAs, Health Management System Analysis, and Field Failure Evaluations.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Applying reliability, maintainability and system health (RM&SH) techniques, theories, applicable company/industry standards, processes and company polices to ensure that the product will perform their intended functions within acceptable limits.
* Performing system design trade studies using life cycle cost modeling to determine design requirements and design of the product support system.
* Reliability predictions, FMECA, maintenance task analyses, system/subsystem reliability /maintainability models, FRACAS, fault detection and isolation.
* Testability analysis including fault detection, fault isolation and false alarms
* Health management system designs support and development of prognostics requirements for life limited components.
* Lead the development of assigned program deliverables for RM&A, providing guidance on tools and best practices to members of a working group/team.
* Collaborate with engineering teams on RM&A activities and communicate with program leaders, including SEIT Leads, chief engineers, system architects and program management.
Key interfaces on this team include program SEITs and IPTs, program management, and customer technical representatives.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
* 7 or more years of demonstrated experience in the reliability, maintainability and availability field.
* Ability to travel up to 10% is required.
* Previous experience with RM&A tools, such as Windchill or CARTS, is highly desired.
* Ability to effectively communicate with engineers, management, and non-engineering support staff.
* 1+ years of experience do you have performing Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA)?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award