7 months ago
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking a Systems Engineer (Level 3) to join the Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) team in the BDS Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) Capability. This position reports directly to the SEIT Capability MBSE Manager.
As a member of this MBSE team, you will be responsible for the development, planning and deployment of MBSE best practices and tools on BDS programs. Additionally, you will participate in activities to develop and deploy a common enterprise approach to MBSE within Boeing in support of the 2nd Century Enterprise Systems (2CES) MBSE project.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
* Coordinate with programs to determine Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) training and tool needs
* Develop training and tool deployment plans based on programmatic needs
* Plan, coordinate, execute program functional thread reviews of MBSE program artifacts
* Plan, coordinate, execute MBSE tool integrations to support Digital Thread / Digital Twin Corporate initiatives
* Develop, update and maintain MBSE Training as required to support enterprise needs
* Support Program MBSE Development, Integrations and Updates of Tool Development Environment
* Lead MBSE projects and activities, providing guidance and mentorship for MBSE tools and processes
* Collaborate with engineering teams on MBSE activities and communicate with program leaders, including SEIT Leads, chief engineers, system architects and program management.
* Key interfaces on this team include BDS Engineering Capabilities, Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA), program SEITs and IPTs, and program management
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
* Bachelor's degree or higher
* Ability to travel 25% or more
* Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
* 3+ years of demonstrated experience with SysML development methodologies
* 6+ years of Systems Engineering experience with specific involvement in requirement allocation, decomposition and verification planning
Preferred / Desired Qualifications:
* Previous experience with Boeing MBSE implementations is highly desired
* Experience and familiarity with MagicDraw (Cameo) is preferred
* Ability to effectively communicate with engineers, management, and non-engineering support staff
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
This position is based at the Huntsville (AL), North Charleston (SC), or Ridley Park (PA) site and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in the areas or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award