about 1 year ago
The Avionics Technician will install and maintain avionics and electrical systems in Company aircraft.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Install and maintain avionics systems and components in accordance with Company policies and procedures, manufacturer’s manuals and FAA requirements; diagnose and repair malfunctioning avionics systems; inspect, clean and test avionics systems; document completion of modifications.
* Generate related aircraft maintenance work forms and records; advise and assist with engineering and avionics modifications; assist in the development of Company work cards and procedures relating to avionics systems testing and maintenance.
* Ensure that work area is clear and free of obstructions and unsafe hazards; serve as a positive, constructive, communicative leader for the organization and its customers and policies for the industry and its participants.
* Serve as positive role model for ethical behavior and promote an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles that is consistent with these principles; provide guidance, direction, management and support in a secure and dignified work environment; promote and support the mission of Empire Airlines.
* Other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Three years of avionics maintenance with knowledge of test equipment, preferred. Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics and technical publications and understanding of FARs and avionics systems operation, required. A&P Certificate (preferred) or ability to obtain repairman’s license (required). May require FCC license. Must have excellent communications skills, both oral and written, have a valid driver’s license with insurable record through Empire’s policy, required. Must adhere to the Company’s FAA/DOT required Drug and Alcohol Program, required.