about 1 year ago
Performs the tasks of functional testing, troubleshooting and repairing avionics systems on board the aircraft at a Textron Aviation Service Center.
1. Performs the functional testing required to isolate a customer complaint in a particular avionics system and repairing that aircraft system in accordance with FAA procedures.
2. Based on in-flight analysis and/or evaluation of information received from the customer, diagnoses problems and takes corrective action.
3. Troubleshoots problems to defective units or wiring discrepancies.
4. Replaces defective units, repairs wiring and modifies aircraft as required.
5. As required, accompanies pilot in flight to functional test repaired systems and/or aligned systems.
6. Works from aircraft orders, wiring diagrams, oral and written instructions to perform job duties.
7. Responsible only for own work.
8. Performs other related duties as required.
2 years college or technical school and/or military avionics/electronic schools
Duties require more than 2 years experience in aircraft avionics systems, troubleshooting and repair
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Security Badge through the local airport authority (if applicable).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: Second Shift
: 03/02/2018, 3:11:02 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.