10 months ago
Ameriflight is the largest 14 CFR Part 135 Cargo Carrier in the United States. We have exciting opportunities for people who want to work in the fast-paced world of aviation. We are seeking a talented and experienced Avionics Technician. We offer competitive compensation and benefits with a great working environment.
* The Avionics Technician maintains the avionics system/components in the aircraft
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Duties and responsibilities include the following
* Refurbish avionics systems (in aircraft)
* Performs bench work and repair of avionics components
* Assures that necessary parts are ordered for repairs
* Performs ramp work, inspections and repair of avionics systems in the aircraft
* Installs, updates avionics in old aircraft, and standardizes new aircraft avionics to the fleet standards
* Completes paperwork, logbooks and work orders
* Performs other duties as assigned by Avionics Manager
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Must have FCC license and 5 years related avionic repair experience
* A & P current license and/or 5 years work experience that can be verified
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with other employees of the organizations.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of radiation.
* The noise level in the work environment may vary from moderate to very loud when working near aircraft engines.
Ameriflight strives to provide our employees a good work-life balance and are constantly working to improve our benefits
* Competitive Salary
* Opportunity for growth
* Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
* Company provided Life Insurance
* 401K with company match
* Vacation (80 hours first year)