This is a full-time, traveling job servicing and repairing corporate jets in AOG status; specifically the work schedule varies from week to week to include the number of days, hours and location of the assignment. When travel is not necessary, work will be assigned in our service center located at East Alton, IL.
The successful candidate should enjoy working in various locations across the U.S.A and be able to interact professionally with customers while providing high quality technical repairs on the aircraft.
1. Perform all stated maintenance or avionics tasks and associated checks, inspections and/or troubleshooting as identified.
2. Perform the required maintenance or avionics service, troubleshooting and/or repairs needed of corporate aircraft anywhere in which the aircraft is located. To include locations at various points across the Americas.
3. Perform all work with the highest level of technical knowledge and experience, in addition to maintaining the utmost level of professionalism with customers, vendors and other flight department or customer personnel.
4. Adhere to all FAA Regulations, the West Star Aviation Repair Station Manual, Operations Manual and all other Quality Manuals and/or Regulations.
5. Ensure all documents are signed off completely, properly and timely in accordance with standard operating procedures.
6. Mobile Repair Team Technicians are primarily responsible to perform their job duties at various locations, however as a secondary function, they will be assigned to work at a WSA facility during times when there are no AOG situations.
7. Due to the nature of this job, Mobile Repair Team Technicians must be “travel ready” any day of the week with as little as 2 hours notice.
8. This position does not follow a normal work schedule therefore Mobile Repair Team Technicians must be able to work an unscheduled week to include any number of days and hours necessary to complete the assigned work. This could include weekends and/or holidays. Advance notice will be provided in all cases when such notice is available to the company.
9. Accountable for tracking and timely reporting of all time worked and expenses incurred on a weekly basis.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Associates Degree in a related Aviation Science or Maintenance program - or equivalent aircraft experience.
3. A&P License is required.
1. Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience as an aircraft maintenance technician working in a service center on corporate aircraft performing flight line repairs and/or advance level troubleshooting and complex repairs. Prefer at least five (5) years experience to be on either Citation , Gulfstream, Falcon, Hawker and/or Bombardier aircraft.
2. Must demonstrate a senior level of technical knowledge and ability to get tasks completed by working around obstacles in a safe and efficient manner.
3. Must understand and be willing to work a schedule that varies week to week to include the exact location in which the job is located, number of days and hours which could include overtime, weekends and/or holidays in order to return the aircraft to service. Specifically, extensive overnight travel will happen regularly.
4. Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, customers, contractors and/or vendors.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate easily and accurately with other Mobile Repair Team Technicians, the Manager and customers. Must be able to work independently and responsibly without direct supervision.
6. Ability to maintain a valid and active driver’s license, passport and credit card at all times. Invalid documents can result in removal from the Mobile Repair Team.
7. Must maintain exemplary professionalism, courtesy and respect while representing West Star Aviation. The Mobile Repair Technician provides a critical service for aircraft in need, and as such the customer service prowess of the technician is equal in importance to the technical skills required.