3 months ago
This position requires a strong knowledge of aircraft avionics and electronics systems. The job includes varying amounts of parts replacement or repair, electrical troubleshooting and general mechanical applications. Will be required to work independently on projects. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Team or Lead in charge of the project.
- This shall include, but not be limited to items such as removal and installation of panels, components and interiors, as well as repair work on avionics installations.
- Must be able to interpret wiring diagrams and order parts and components necessary to complete projects.
- STC project management and conformity.
- Fabricate multiple wire harnesses and install in aircraft.
- Attend pre and post flight debriefs.
- Troubleshooting and evaluation of avionics systems.
- Must be able to perform full functional checkout of avionics systems and provide flight test support for certification and delivery.
- Work independently on projects on a regular basis.
- Work within a team process and lead team members when designated.
- Ground test and flight test support required.
- Must be willing to work overtime and alternate shifts as required
- Must be willing to work as part of the “On Call” rotation team
- STC project conformity and testing required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Electronics training classes.
Avionics training preferred.
Minimum seven years prior experience on corporate aircraft avionics systems maintenance installations.
Turbine aircraft experience preferred, but not essential.
Self-motivated and able to maintain a rapid pace.
Able to process work with minimum supervision.
Able to lead team members when designated.
Must perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
Maintain customer-oriented work habits.
Other technicians in avionics installations or other departments.
Team Leader of team assigned and Avionics Installations Manager.
Company sales representatives.
Customers or outside vendors.
Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Routine walking, bending and squatting or sitting.
Routing or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines.
Ability to follow wiring diagrams, route and terminate wires at proper locations.
Ability to troubleshoot, evaluate and perform functional tests for various avionics and instrument systems.
Ability to work with others in a professional manner.
Will work under supervision of assigned Team Leader and Avionics Installations Manager.
May be directed to supervise other technicians in some capacity.
Work with minimal supervision when required.
The majority of work will be accomplished in a heated hangar.
Work outside during aircraft runs will occur.
Varied positions in and around the aircraft.
Personal hand tools supplied by the installer
Various Avionics ramp test equipment.
Pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical equipment.
Jacks, stands, lifts and other support devices.
Tugs, power carts and other engine powered equipment.
Crimpers, soldering iron and heat guns.