about 1 year ago
This position description is covering the Avionics Systems Engineering Manager working in the Engineering Department at Safran Electronics and Defense, Avionics USA, LLC. The Engineering team has exciting opportunities for individuals who want to bring technical leadership on complex programs, foster deeper relationships with international and domestic customers, and be a part of an innovative and fast-paced avionics business area.
Summary of Job Purpose:
This position is for an Avionics System Engineering Manager to lead a team of engineers responsible for design, development, integration, and verification of avionics solutions including Integrated Cockpit Display Systems (Glass Cockpit) product lines, Electronic Data Concentrators, Digital Interface Modules and future products. Work in a highly collaborative environment with the ability to learn from and influence multiple programs and domains regularly. Utilize a variety of skills on a regular basis including synthesis of new architectures that meld commercial and military functionality, systems engineering development best practices, debug and test in an integrated lab environment, and providing written and verbal correspondence across multiple international boundaries/management levels/domains. Discover new opportunities to unleash your talents in a robust and challenging environment.
* -Providing direct support to customers to answer questions and solve technical issues
* -Participate to the design of the current and future products of Safran Electronics and Defense, USA.
* -Define, plan, and develop operations requirements on the physical processes, procedures, and support equipment necessary to support airborne and avionics systems.
* -Provide support to domains for verifying regular software builds in an integrated test environment and support formal verification events during major deliveries.Create and review flight and ground evaluations and test plans.
* -Create, test, validate and dispatch customer specific software configuration of legacy and future products.
* -Review customer requirements to assess compliance and/or provides technical support for Original Equipment Manufacturer customer inquiries and issue resolution.
* -Perform technical market researches in support of product definition and/or business development initiatives and/or develops and performs human factors evaluations.
* -Continually develop and improve practices and processes related to development and certification.
* -Participate to the Health and Safety Environment Projects and Green Design of the future products of SEDA USA
* -Assist and support the production of the product for which SEDA USA is the Original Equipment Manufacturer.
A successful candidate should have experience working in highly collaborative environments, demonstrate the ability to take ownership of tasks and lead efforts spanning multiple stakeholders, possess exceptional written and oral communication skills, the ability to break down and execute on complex tasks with minimal instructions, and have a keen aptitude for technical work that spans multiple levels of detail.
* -Arinc 429, 708
* -Mil- Std-1553
* -CAN BUS, RS-232, RS-422, & RS-485
* -TSO, PMA, STC, & TC.
* -Aviation subsystems such as AHRS, Airdata Computer, Data-Recording, Engine monitoring etc. Degree in System Engineering with hands on experience
* -8 to 10 years relevant aerospace/space industry applicable experience is required.
* -Familiarity with the identification of necessary operational controls using Hazard Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis/Critical Items List products.
* -Experience in requirements formulation, assessment, and verification
* -Critical thinking, effective communications, problem solving.
* -Excellent team working skills prompt to initiative and very well organized.
* -Advanced level - MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Vision and Project.
* -Basic level - C/C++ code
* -Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
* -Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
* -Must have not be banned of access from other companies.
* -This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Persons as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee.
Permanent residency or US citizenship required
* -Portions of FAA regulations pertaining to VFR and IFR autopilot, cockpit interfaces and certification rules.
* -FAA delegation system (DER/DAR)
* -ARP4754 Certification Consideration for Highly-Integrated or Complex Aircraft Systems such as requirement writing, traceability & validation, verification, relationship between architecture and safety assessment, etc.
* -ARP4761 Guidelines and Methods for Conducting Safety Assessments Process such as Failure Hazard Analysis (FHA), System Safety Analysis (SSA), Fault Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA), etc.
* -RTCA/DO-254 Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronic Hardware.
* -RTCA/DO-178 Software Considerations in Airborne Systems & Equipment Certification
* -Environmental qualification requirements of avionics products per RTCA DO-160E or F
* -Military Standards
* -Civil avionics digital interfaces (RS-232, RS-422, A429), analog interfaces (thermocouple, synchro, shunt, etc.) and discrete interfaces
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.