6 months ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
We are seeking a Avionics Engineer to join the Air Canada Maintenance (ACM) Fleet Engineering Team. The qualified incumbent will be responsible for in service reliability and airworthiness of aircraft Avionic/Electrical systems. In addition, the candidate will support the different departments within and outside of Air Canada Maintenance.
* Review, develop and obtain financial approvals for the implementation of Mandatory Airworthiness Requirements and Inspections for Continuous Airworthiness.
* Review of aircraft out of service / reliability, aircraft and components, identify root cause of failure and identify areas to improve performance and the passenger experience.
* Provide technical support to aircraft, hangar and shop maintenance in assigned areas and act as technical interface between airline and OEM/Vendors
* Represent Engineering during multidiscipline meeting and provide input in area of expertise.
* Support Safety Investigations of aircraft and components.
* Contribute to reduction of operational and maintenance cost.
* Support maintenance program avionics activities
* Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering or Electrical Engineering recognized by a Canadian university or provincial engineering association.
* Team player with effective communication skills and strong customer focus.
* Ability to develop and write clear, concise technical descriptions, instructions, information sheets and reports.
* Ability to create engineering drawings including wiring diagrams.
* Pride in accuracy and good work presentation to the satisfaction of internal customers.
* Self-starter requiring minimum supervision with good decision making ability.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to co-ordinate details to successful conclusion.
* Willingness to be on call and to work overtime at and away from home base, as required by day-to-day needs.
* Availability to travel overseas for training, industry meetings, etc.
* Solid knowledge of most commonly used PC software as well as AutoCAD.
* Must be clear of any restrictions which will prevent entry into other countries
* Knowledge of Regulatory design certification standards for both Transport Canada and FAA specifications.
* Knowledge of Integrated Avionic Suite design
* Knowledge of Software Configuration management
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Aircraft Maintenance