11 months ago
Responsible for compliance findings and representing Textron Aviation as a subject matter expert to certification authorities, suppliers, and industry consortiums. Work closely with consortiums on avionics systems approvals supporting aircraft Type Certification for both foreign and domestic certification activities.
* Responsible for design, development and certification support of avionics systems on Citation aircraft.
* Prepare and/or approve certification plans, conformity requests, equipment qualification test plans/results, system safety documents, ground and flight test plans/results and certification reports showing avionics systems compliance with 14 CFR Part 23/25.
* Reviews engineering drawings for avionics systems prepared using computer based drafting tools (IAI HarnesSys, CATIA/CCD and /or CATIA V5).
* Evaluate and analyze avionics systems design for completion of function hazard assessments and system safety assessments.
* Assist in development of functional test documents for avionics systems.
* Witness equipment, system, and aircraft ground testing at Cessna, Supplier or other testing facilities.
* Support investigation, root cause analysis, corrective action, and ODA/FAA coordination of aircraft field issues and component failures when warranted for certification concerns.
* Coordinate with FAA personnel and other Cessna Engineering disciplines such as Air Worthiness, Project, Flight Test, Aerodynamics, Propulsion, Mechanical Systems, ECS and System Safety.
· Bachelor’s degree required from an ABET accredited institution in:
o Computer Engineering
o Electrical Engineering
o Engineering Technology
o Other related field
* Minimum of 5 years avionics system design integration experience to the requirements of 14CFR Parts 23/25 is required for applicants meeting the education requirements above.
* Must have 2 years prior certification experience with Federal Aviation Regulations 14 CFR Part 23/25 as an Avionics Systems DER, DOA AR or ODA Unit Member.
* Level will be determined by years’ experience and manager discretion.
* Experience with the application of RTCA DO-160, DO178 and DO-254 relative to avionics systems certification on aircraft is required.
* Electronic drafting experience with IAI HarnesSys and/or CATIA/CCD is preferred.
* Experience with the System Safety certification process per SAE ARP4754 and ARP4761 is preferred.
* Must be able to coordinate, communicate and develop good working relations with FAA specialists.
* Experience with use of electronic test equipment is preferred.
* Design knowledge of electrical bonding criteria, thermal cooling requirements for electronic equipment, EMI shielding, and High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF) / Indirect Effects of Lightning (IEL) installation criteria is preferred.
* Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint are required, Access and Project experience
* Time management skills are required to work multiple concurrent projects of various size and scope.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 11/22/2017, 4:38:05 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.