9 months ago
A challenging mandate
L-3 MAS, located at Mirabel (Quebec) is a part of the L-3 Technologies.
L-3 MAS has carried out for nearly 30 years the repair, maintenance, and modernization of the Canadian fighter jets, the CF-18s. Thanks to our technical expertise developed over time and our passionate employees, L-3 MAS has developed innovative and personalized solutions for the in-service support contracts of the Canadian government’s aircraft fleets such as the CH-148 Cyclone and CH-147F Chinook helicopters, and the CC-150 Polaris (Airbus 310) aircraft, as well as conducted engineering, repair and maintenance tasks on the F/A-18 Hornet fleets of different international clients. Our technical expertise also includes the repair and overhaul of aircraft components, first and third line aircraft maintenance, the design and manufacture of aircraft parts for major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), and state-of-the-art technical publication solutions.
Choosing L-3 MAS, it’s being part of multidisciplinary work teams, it’s joining one of the major in-service support providers for the Royal Canadian Air Force, and it’s being part of an organization whose values – integrity, passion, respect, and balance – are at the heart of our daily actions. Join us to “Taking It Further”.
L-3 MAS subscribes to the principle of employment equity and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities, who are qualified, to apply.
Our main current projects include:
* The modification and the avionics and electrical modernization of the Hornet F/A-18, CT-114 Tutor (Snowbirds) and CC-150 Polaris (Airbus 310);
* The development of the routing of the electrical harnesses for engines pylons;
* The development of special mission aircrafts.
The analyst is mainly responsible for implementing engineering projects and services which are specifically related to avionics (command, navigation, communication, antenna, power and electrical circuit) and electrical harnesses for military and commercial aircrafts.
* Apply the aerospace industry knowledge for embedded systems (analog and digital) and the avionics software (i.e. define, design, develop, simulate, test, validate/verify);
* Ensure the adequacy between the established technical requirements and the proposed engineering solutions;
* Ensure the technical conformity of products and services in accordance to the internal and external customers needs;
* Apply and ensure the application of the internal processes and the policies of L-3 (engineering, materials and processes, airworthiness, project management, quality, etc.);
* Apply the regulations, the standards, and aeronautical procedures (FAR, CAR, JAR, RAC, TAM, etc.) to support a certification package;
* Participate in technical reviews, problems solving activities;
* Prepare analyses and technical reports;
* Perform Electrical Load Analyses (ELA);
* Analyze, design or modify schematic circuit and electrical cables;
* Prepare or modify electrical drawings with computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD-CAM) tool and/or computer-aided design (CAD) tool, in accordance to the company and customers standards;
* Support the technical activities and the customer during prototypes realization.
Why joining L-3 MAS team?
* To participate in the continuous improvement of the company and be recognized for your efforts;
* To work with an accessible and communication-oriented management team;
* To have a work schedule allowing you the flexibility to reconcile work and personal life;
* To participate in sports and social gathering activities organized by the staff members;
* To have exclusive services such as massotherapy, cafeteria, patio, fitness or language courses and a comprehensive employee assistance program;
* To have some of the most attractive working conditions on the market, including a group insurance plan and a group RRSP with employer contributions.
* Engineering degree in Aerospace/Avionics/ Electrical, or equivalent;
* Minimum of one (1) to four (4) years of relevant experience in avionics and electricity of aircrafts required;
* Experience with computer-aided drawings tools (the knowledge of ePlan P8 and CATIA V5) is an asset;
* Knowledge of the standards ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 739, DO-178, DO-254, ARP4754, AS9100, MIL-STD-810 (Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests) and DO-160 (Test Environmental Conditions and Procedures for Airborne Equipment), etc.;
* Proficiency with the Microsoft software suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access);
* Demonstrate integrity, is passionate, autonomous and team player;
* Results oriented and knowing how to maintain the balance between professional commitments and personal obligations;
* Bilingual is essential (English and French).
CAN Security Clearance Required: NATO Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 MAS