4 months ago
Avio Structures Technician-PH1806
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Hartford Service Center offers a great place to learn from the best in business aviation. Established in February, 1981 as a 70,000 sq ft facility with a staff of 16, the facility now boasts 198,000 sq ft and over 250 dedicated employees. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Mexico. The facility has received 16 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programs to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
In your role, you will:
Fabricate and modify aircraft structures to conform to Engineering drawings. Install and modify aircraft avionics mounting structures. Will assist Structures and Avionics Technicians as required.
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hanger positions)
- Comply with environmental health / safety policies / procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform work in a safe and timely manner.
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
- Fabricate / remove / install aircraft components
- Fabricate aircraft parts
- Fabricate structural modifications on aircraft parts
- Perform minor structural repairs on composite components either attached or detached
- Inspect parts as required
- Assist in conducting hidden damage inspection of aircraft structures
- Assist with complex structural repairs either on or off aircraft
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Operate ground support equipment
- Perform mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- Assist in performing APU runs (BA only)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- Assist other maintenance disciplines
As our ideal candidate:
- You would typically have a minimum of three (3) years Structural Sheet Metal & Composite repair / modification experience or substantiated similar experience
- You have Sheet metal / Composite A/C Tech school or equivalent experience
- You demonstrate the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
- You demonstrated the ability to communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
- You have an A Certification, P Certification, or A & P Certificate – Preferred
- You have a GROL (General Radiotelephone Operator License) or AET (Aircraft Electronics Technician) Certificate - Preferred
- You have experience on Bombardier corporate jet aircraft Preferred
- You have basic PC skills
- You own a basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory & control of tools
- You must obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment Qualifications as required
- You must be able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You must be able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA) (if applicable)
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Job: Avionics Technician
Primary Location: US-CT-Windsor Locks
Zip Code US 06096
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 08.08.2018, 1:52:37 PM
22.08.2018, 10:59:00 PM