8 months ago
Aviation Program Manager
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Aviation Program Management
Astronics AeroSat Corporation, based in Amherst, New Hampshire, designs and manufactures fuselage and tail-mounted antenna systems for, General Business Aviation, Commercial Transport, VVIP and Military Aircraft customers around the world. Its antenna systems are typically used to enable satellite and ground-based communication to aircraft, commonly for broadband and TV applications.
The Aviation Program Manager is responsible for overall management of assigned customer programs by developing, implementing and managing the processes and controls to maximize profitability and provide quality and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Service as the principal point of contact with the customer with responsibility for assuring customer satisfaction in terms of product performance, delivery, cost, and related areas.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with business and technical representatives of customers through frequent contact (including in-person), supporting mutual confidence and cooperation in the resolution of problems and providing evidence of our commitment to support their business needs.
* Manage multiple stakeholders in a complex service delivery environment across multiple regions of the globe.
* Act as the liaison between the customer and the internal teams, managing the transfer of information and requests.
* Monitor program performance for the on-time delivery and first time quality of products and services as well as expected business results.
* Lead effort and coordinate with internal teams in program planning including the preparation of statements of work; estimation of costs; financial terms; establishment of deliverables and associated schedules.
* Facilitate periodic program review meetings to report on all aspects of program objectives including current status, customer satisfaction, risk mitigation plans, product reliability/performance, revenue, and service contract commitments.
* Oversee the programs risk management/mitigation plan; identify “out of scope” activities and make recommendations for improvements; assist with urgent/severe issues as needed to ensure resolution of program performance problems.
* Ensure effective and open communication and teamwork across the organization to resolve issues as they arise with proper execution of actions necessary.
* An understanding of U.S. Government export rules and regulations as stipulated by the Department of Commerce's Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the Department of State's International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
* Domestic and international travel.
* May require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, scientific, business field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 5+ years Customer Account Management or similar role experience is required. Aviation industry preferred.
* Outstanding organizational and communications skills in order to keep multiple groups coordinated and keep the customer properly informed.
* Ability to develop effective written communication and present information to various levels of management, customers, and/or suppliers.
* Ability to respond to and negotiate with customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
* Ability to analyze and interpret complex policies, contractual language, and financial reports.
* Detailed understanding of Program/Project Management processes and procedures.
* Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office applications.
* Strong understanding of common commercial and business aviation terminology.
* Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations as well as foreign civil aviation authority regulations highly desired.
Astronics AeroSat Corporation
Domestic and International
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.