8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
The Landing Systems business unit located in Miami Gardens, FL has a great mid-level position for a Plater II. The selected individual will perform mechanical blasting functions in order to prepare landing gear parts for induction to the following lines, chrome, nickel, and cadmium, The position is on 2nd shift. Prior to working on 2nd shift, the selected Plater will be required to train on 1st shift for a specified period of time. Individuals with multi-line experience and expertise in chrome is preferred.
* Perform flash and hard chrome operation and racking of all components for chrome plating as well as bright cad and cad of minor components.
* Prepare parts by masking or stop-off for plating, shotpeening and sandblasting. Wax parts for plating, perform alodine, brush cad, cad strip & passivation.
* Sand blast parts for plating (chrome, nickel, cadmium and nital etch).
* Measure component parts with thickness gauge and measuring instruments on various process lines.
* Perform degrease operation, pre and post plating function for NDT (Non Destructive Testing), machine shop and grind shop.
* Load and unload parts in ovens, documenting time and date of each operation.
* Actively support site EH&S and process improvement initiatives.
* This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
* 2-4 years Plating experience.
* Strong focus on quality and quantity of work output.
* Must be able to work independently and in a team.
* Ability to interpret blueprints/overhaul manuals and adhere to requirements.
* Ability to use measuring instruments such as: micrometers, thickness gauge, dial bores, calipers, amp meters, and telescoping gauges.
* Basic computer skills.
* High School Diploma
* Experience plating large parts.
* Aviation plating experience.
* High School Diploma
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.