Mission Support Groundcrew
$65,000 - $69,999
Exciting outdoor role working with advanced helicopters
Varied work with full training provided
Excellent salary package plus travel and numerous benefits
Take on an action-packed role providing mission planning, briefing, intelligence and communications support to Army helicopter crews.
As Mission Support Groundcrew, work at the heart of Army aviation while enjoying:
• a good salary plus generous superannuation
• ongoing investment in your personal and career development
• free medical and dental
• job security and a good work/life balance
• rewarding work and world-class training
• subsidised accommodation
• a supportive team environment
• travel and leave entitlements
• free access to sports and fitness facilities
• friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
Helicopters are critical to Army operations and it takes a lot more than a pilot to fly them. Whether it's aerial reconnaissance, troop mobility, casualty evacuation or firepower support, every helicopter mission relies on the skills of Mission Support Groundcrew personnel.
In this exciting role your responsibilities will include:
• pre-mission planning briefings
• facilitating and maintaining ground to air communications, and
• managing the maintenance of radio and satellite equipment, and encryption technology.
You'll also be trained in navigation, camouflage erection, firefighting and first aid.
If you enjoy working with high-tech equipment and operating in ever-changing environments, you'll love this job. Better still, in the Army you’ll be working for a dynamic national organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities and experiences you simply won’t find anywhere else.
Sounds good? Then apply now (below).
• Fully-paid training leading to nationally-recognised qualifications
• Once trained, starting package approx. $69,045 p.a. plus superannuation (salaries correct as of 1 Aug 19)
• Numerous other benefits
• Training in Wagga Wagga, NSW, Oakey, QLD and Puckapunyal, VIC
• Then posting to Townsville, Oakey or Brisbane QLD, Darwin NT or Sydney NSW
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian Citizen
• Year 10 completion with passes in English and Mathematics
• Provisional or full driver’s license
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.