10 months ago
Autopilot GUI Software Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53842BR Date posted 09/16/City Hood River
Piccolo Autopilots provide industry leading, compact, modular flight management for unmanned systems. Offering thin form factor, flexible I/O, and expanded capability for advanced applications, Piccolo products are proven in military operations, public safety missions and commercial projects.
The Autopilot User Experience Software Engineer position is responsible for developing and maintaining user (GUI/UX) software solutions for Piccolo product lines while working as a member of a tightly integrated cross-functional product team. Responsibilities include:
* Peer technical assessments in areas of expertise, new technologies and software designs
* Implementing software in QT, MfC, C, C++, and Python as appropriate
* Understanding GUI control system design coupled with real-time systems
* User Centric design
* Excellent oral and written English communication skills
* Strong problem-solving abilities
* Experience with C and C++
* Experience with QT based GUIs
* Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
* Experience with GNU tools (gcc, gdb, etc.)
* Experience delivering user-centric interfaces
* Experience with Safety-critical systems
* Experience with aircraft control
* Experience with multi-threading (Windows and Linux)
* Experience with static and dynamic debugging of real-time systems
US Citizen or Green Card Holder required.
BS degree w/4-7 years’ experience, MS degree w/2–5+ years’ experience
Preferred Education: Software engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Physics, or Physics Bachelors / Masters.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.