about 1 year ago
The First Officer will support and enhance the Captain's ability through safe, efficient and compliant flight services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Safely maneuver aircraft in all phases of flight; check all conditions concerning the flight, including weather, cargo safety and verify go/no-go decision; verify fuel requirements and related weather variables and assure proper loading; make alternate destination decision should the intended destination not be available.
* Be aware of all situations as they arise relating to any unusual circumstances occurring during the flight; maintain effective communications during the flight with stations, towers, flight controllers and dispatchers; file required and/or applicable reports required by the FAA; maintain proper records of flight hours in conjunction with Dispatch to assure proper FAA rest requirements and Company directives are met;
* Maintain familiarity and knowledge of new concepts and innovations, changes in regulations, procedures and improvements concerning the safe operations of all Company aircraft; maintain full knowledge of all applicable policies, procedures, manuals, handbooks and protocol; serve as a positive, constructive, communicative leader for the Company and its customers and policies for the industry and its participants.
* Review Company bulletins and other correspondence, e-mails and voicemails on a daily basis; submit all transmittals, expense reports and other Company documents/correspondence accurately and in accordance with policy and procedures.
* Serve as positive role model for ethical behavior and promote an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles that is consistent with these principles; provide guidance, direction, management and support in a secure and dignified work environment; promote and support the mission of Empire Airlines.
* Other related duties as assigned.
ATR FIRST OFFICER REQUIREMENTS
* ATP certificate with MEL (ATP-CTP Assistance available)
* 2nd class medical
Fixed wing minimums:
* 1500 TT
* 250 PIC
* 50 MEL
* All requirements under 61.159
* IFR currency and proficiency