about 1 year ago
The 121 Captain will provide safe, efficient and compliant flight services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Safely maneuver aircraft in all phases of flight; check all conditions concerning the flight, including weather, cargo safety and verify go/no-go decision; verify fuel requirements and related weather variables and assure proper loading; make alternate destination decision should the intended destination not be available.
* Be in command of all situations as they arise relating to any unusual circumstances occurring during the flight; maintain responsibility for all communications during the flight with stations, towers, flight controllers and dispatchers; file all reports required by the FAA and report any unusual behavior of the aircraft in flight to proper dispatch or maintenance personnel; maintain proper records of flight hours in conjunction with Dispatch to assure proper FAA rest requirements and Company directives are met;
* Supervise and evaluate staff; maintain familiarity and knowledge of new concepts and innovations, changes in regulations, procedures and improvements concerning the safe operations of all Company aircraft; maintain full knowledge of all applicable policies, procedures, manuals, handbooks and protocol; serve as a positive, constructive, communicative leader for the Company and its customers and policies for the industry and its participants.
* Review Company bulletins and other correspondence, e-mails and voicemails on a daily basis; submit all transmittals, expense reports and other Company documents/correspondence accurately and in accordance with policy and procedures.
* Serve as positive role model for ethical behavior and promote an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles that is consistent with these principles; provide guidance, direction, management and support in a secure and dignified work environment; promote and support the mission of Empire Airlines.
* Other related duties as assigned.
ATR CAPTAIN REQUIREMENTS
* ATP certificate with MEL
* 1st class medical
Fixed wing minimums:
* 2500 TT
* 1000 PIC
* 1000 MEL
* 300 turbine/turboprop
* 500 crew time
* 121.436 Pilot Qualification
* IFR currency and proficiency