3 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This position is the Additive Machine Engineer role (ATC Laser Technologist - Additive Manufacturing) at GE Aviation's Additive Technology Center. The role of Additive Machine Engineer is focused on the Engineering associated with technology development for the Additive process, and it requires developed and strong foundation of applied engineering scientific skills and a broad knowledge of laser and optical technologies.
The ATC Laser Technologist-Additive Manufacturing will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In the role of ATC Laser Technologist - Additive Manufacturing, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In addition, as the ATC Laser Technologist - Additive Manufacturing, you will:
* Work in a hands-on environment to develop processes for additive manufacturing
* Transition new and improved processes into Supply Chain shops
* Lead technical reviews and participate as a reviewer
* Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments as appropriate
* Ensure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Own technology development strategies and initiatives
* Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems
* Coordinate maturation and delivery of new technology to the production environment
* Work together with business leadership at SPB and EB level
* Work on cross-functional engineering teams to capture key requirements, defined development plans, and ensure customer delivery
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering or Physics from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Technology Development role
* Graduate degree in one of the following: Engineering, Physics from an accredited university or college
* Working experience with laser and optics principles
* Hands-on familiarity with EOS or Concept Laser DMLM printing machines and software
* Machine control and software experience
* Experience in data acquisition and sensors
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; West Chester
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.