7 months ago
Associate Test Equipment Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57138BR Date posted 11/22/City Rockford
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The high quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The Actuation Systems, Regional and Business Jet Program is seeking a Test Equipment Engineer in Rockford, IL. This position requires an innovative, highly motivated technically savvy incumbent with strong leadership skills. The Test Equipment Engineer is expected to work as the team lead with Electrical, Mechanical and Software Engineers providing electronic test equipment for Slat/Flap Electronic Control Unit (SFECU) systems, including resolvers, LVDT and RVDT based sensors. This role is also responsible for design, fabrication, programming, and validation of multiple test stands for Actuation Systems. Additional responsibilities include to embracing and facilitating design synergy between development, production and customer test stands to maximize reuse, adaptability and efficiency. The ideal candidate will have the ability to translate high level vision/plans into workable packages and continuous improvement capabilities.
* Support a suite of Actuation flight controller test stands that are supporting the life cycle of the product. Work may be required to adapt/modify stands during software development, hardware/software verification or production testing on the controllers.
* Develop new applications or modifications of existing products.
* Modify the existing test equipment software.
* Creating/validate unique test scripts in Python or similar tool.
* Design/validate hardware to support new applications or resolve outstanding issues (e.g. harness, board, chassis designs).
* Leverage Matlab/Simulink experience to support the improvement of virtual test environment.
* Certify virtual test environments to reduce flight hardware investment.
* Create/modify CAN configuration files in LabVIEW.
* Create/modify Arinc 429 database in Ballard CoPilot format.
* Create software load utility to simultaneously access and load software to controllers.
* Review DAQ software and provide recommendations for improvement.
* Min 1-2 years experience developing or maintaining test software and equipment.
* Familiarity with the control of hardware through software interfaces (automated test sequence)
* Proven ability to master several test equipment components of a project or program simultaneously Test fixture design competencies
* Advanced computer skills including MS-Office applications
* Familiarity with functional test procedure development and maintenance
Education: Associates in Mechanical, Software or related field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.