9 months ago
Over the past 60 years, Moog has developed a reputation throughout the world as a company whose people and products are at the forefront of the aerospace industry. We are known for our successful solutions to motion control challenges that are viewed by others as impossible. Over this period, Moog has expanded its capability base to become a leading supplier of integrated control actuation systems for civil and military aircraft.
If it’s got to fly, Moog’s team of engineers and technicians can make it happen.
In an industry that continuously pushes technology to its absolute limits, employing the best and brightest in the field is crucial.
Our Aircraft Group is seeking an Associate Product Delivery Technician (PDT) to join our Military Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Team!
As the Associate PDT, you will work on complex hardware in the Military OEM Assembly & Test (A&T) area.
What your day-to-day will look like...
* Within the framework of a team-based organization, you will perform various precision assembly, test and process-based operations on complex components, assemblies and systems supporting new production and repair and overhaul activity.
* Together with other team members (e.g., supervisors, lead persons, etc), you will provide leadership and direction to the team by coordinating efforts, developing capabilities, communicating status and leading change to improve team performance.
* Perform various precision assembly and preparation operations on a wide variety of complex electro-mechanical components, assemblies and systems in the redundant bi-propellant cell of the department.
* Assembly activity, utilizing a variety of mechanical and electronic measurement equipment and specialized fixtures, tooling, gauging and torque mechanisms to obtain desired build requirements.
* Work from drawings, work instructions, parts lists or other instructions and provide detailed written communication defining performance results and/or situational circumstances.
* Test operations, including the set up and execution of operational tests of finished products on high precision test stands. This activity requires the use of hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic test equipment, fixtures and tools to obtain desired performance results.
* Diagnose test failures and assess hardware condition to provide recommended rework instructions and configuration changes to achieve desired results.
* Actively participate, and in some cases, lead team projects, process improvements and lean initiatives intended to improve overall efficiency.
* Demonstrate thorough understanding of team performance metrics, as these metrics form the basis for identifying performance deficiencies and potential opportunities for process improvement initiatives.
* Plan for weekly team requirements while performing individual activities to accomplish daily delivery schedule priorities.
* Set a good example by actively supporting team, operating group, and company initiatives and encourage positive thinking in others to do the same.
* Take ownership for individual delivery performance and volunteers to help others within the cell.
* Understand and perform individual and team administrative responsibilities and address non-conformance issues.
The skills, experience, and education you will need in this role...
* High school diploma or equivalent plus 3 years as a Product Delivery Operator (PDO) or 6 years of A&T experience
* OR two year technical degree plus 2 years as a PDO or 4 years of A&T
* OR four year technical degree plus 1 year as a PDO or 3 years of A&T experience.
* Strong interpersonal and team based skills are required.
* Clearly demonstrating the personal commitment and desire to be accountable for your job performance.
* Display the ability to volunteer, a willingness to learn, and a positive attitude.
* Setting a good example and positively contributing to the team environment are essential.
* In accordance with strict Federal Aviation Administration (F.A.A.) regulations regarding Safety Sensitive Work (S.S.W.), employee enrollment & participation in the company’s "F.A.A. Drug & Alcohol Program" is a requirement for this position.
Moog Inc. is an EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran