3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
* Develop, document and manage top-level customer and derived system requirements identified through the execution of trade studies.
* Develop algorithms, system models and simulations of GNC systems to satisfy top-level system specifications and requirements.
* Support development of electrical, mechanical, and software specifications based on system simulation and top-level requirements. Flow down and track customer and system specifications to systems, electrical, mechanical, and software detail specifications.
* Develop verification and validation procedures, including DVT through qualification, to ensure system and subsystem components will perform as specified to meet customer and system requirements.
* Collaborate with fellow engineers on program technical challenges
* Contribute to design reviews following the UPI process
* Support the Business Development organization in new business pursuits, including customer technical visits, preparation of RFI responses, and responsibility for preparation of technical proposals.
* Support failure investigation in developing cause and corrective action for manufacturing and customer top-level systems integration and test failures.
* Provide on-site customer support as necessary to perform above responsibilities effectively.
* The ideal candidate will have GNC knowledge and/or experience in the development of GNC systems for precision guided weapon systems.
* Knowledge and experience in one or more Integrated GNC disciplines is desired such as: guide laws, navigation, navigation filters, autopilot controls, actuation, seekers, safe and arm device or safety subsystem integration, software development as well as model based design principals.
* The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or related field with an advanced degree preferred.
* Experience with MathWorks tools is strongly desired.
Background check and/or drug screen notification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year)
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or a related field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.