5 months ago
Moog is the leader in advanced flight controls for the world’s Next Generation of Civil and Military Aircraft. We are actively working a number of high profile development programs and have recently been selected as the flight control lead system integrator for a couple new programs. As a result, we are looking for highly motivated and talented engineers who thrive on challenge and enjoy working on cutting edge applications.
Moog engineers are challenged with:
• Meeting demanding performance requirements
• Designing safety critical systems
• Delivering systems that will perform to expectations in harsh environments
If this excites you then read on…
As the Associate Environmental & Safety Engineer, you will be involved with determining and implementing environmental and or safety compliance of a sites’ operations. Works with other more senior Environmental and or safety professionals to facilitate, guide and train required site personnel on applicable E&S management programs.
1. Coordinates and conducts site assessments of applicable compliance issues to ensure operational activities are consistent with the needs of the organization and applicable regulatory requirements. Performs structured assignments that require some interpretation of data and regulations, identification of problem sources, and possible remedial actions.
2. Provide technical guidance to the site personnel and works together with the site in the selection and implementation of compliant processes and programs.
3. Identifies when changes to training and compliance tools are necessary to improve functionality and efficiency of the applicable management systems and assists in the implementation of such changes.
4. Manages regulatory data, log sheets, analytical data/records for the site. Ensures records, written procedures, programs and checklists for compliance are accurate, properly organized and revised as required.
5. Guide site on selection of required safety and or environmental equipment for workers, processes and storage areas. Able to assist site with agency reporting when required.
6. Supports and is an active member of the site spill or emergency response teams as appropriate to the job role.
Supports the needs of Site, Group and Corporate Environmental and Safety projects and initiatives.
Educational/ Experience required:
BS degree in engineering, environmental, safety, civil or related degree.
1-2 years of experience.
Specific Regulatory background required (all):
• Must obtain and maintain OSHA 30 hour certification every 5 years for positions with safety compliance accountability.
• Must obtain and maintain related environmental, hazardous materials transportation and emergency response certifications as required for the position.
• Must be comfortable and effective in communication to listen, comprehend and influence site decision making.
• Must be able communicate successfully to train others and modify standard regulatory training courses with software programs such as Mind Map, Articulate, PowerPoint, etc.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite (i.e. PowerPoint, excel) and the core behavioral competencies identified in section 7.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran