10 months ago
Keyword: Associate Engineer/Analyst, Mechanical
Request Number: ENG
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 3505-Ecn Fluid Systems
Posting Start Date: 2018-05-30
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Area of Expertise:
Performance in research, design, and development of engine component accessory design. Candidate should have strong understanding of hydraulic and fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, or heat transfer principles for the transmission, measurement, and use of energy.
The candidate should have good understanding of the basic principles related to mechanical design such as materials, dynamics, stress analysis, springs, valves, bolted joints and drawing interpretation.
Includes fuel Systems, oil systems, heat exchangers, fuel control and actuation systems, sensing systems, air valves, propeller control systems, steam engineering, air conditioning machine design, lubrication engineering, refrigeration.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
Incumbent’s responsibilities will generally focus on one or more of the following:
• Define interface and performance requirements for mechanical and electrical accessories such as Fuel Controls, Heat exchangers, Hydraulic systems, Propeller Controls, and Air valves.
• Define component and engine level test requirements for validation and verification of component performance.
• Design fluid system models for analysis/simulation and testing.
• Participate and present at various supplier design review gates.
• Review and approve system component environmental qualification documentation (RTCA DO-160).
• Generate Fuel System Designs and support aircraft Integration.
• Work closely with component suppliers to define design and qualifications requirements.
• Prepare certification test plans and reports.
• Witness certain component certification tests on behalf of the Certification Authority.
• Generate test requirements for verification on flight test vehicles.
Specific responsibilities of position: Level of Responsibility:
• Responsible for projects or multiple tasks within the functional discipline.
• Makes significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline.
• Works with moderate guidance on projects with short-term and long-term focus.
• Has a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the discipline and role—continuing to develop specialized knowledge
Qualifications required: Typical Educational Requirements:
• Typical Educational Requirements:
• AA/AS degree w/5–10+ years experience
• BA/BS degree w/1–5+ years experience
• MA/MS degree w/0–2+ years experience
Field of studies: Manufacturing Design Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering
Additional Information: All Employees Shall:
• Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements
• Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
• Attend scheduled EH&S training program
• Actively support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans
• Recommend improved EH&S practices
The incumbent is responsible for complying with UTC’s “Code of Ethics,” the “Policy Statement on Business Ethics and Conduct in Contracting with the U.S. Government,” and related policies. In executing his/her responsibilities, incumbent shall take all steps necessary to foster open communications and to support UTC’s compliance, business practices, DIALOG, and Ombudsman programs.
This Job Description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company’s discretion. Nothing in this position description changes or is intended to change the contract of employment between the company and its employees.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.