8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The Quality organization is seeking an individual to fill a highly critical position leading the Supplier Quality Management Organization.
The highly motivated team player filling this position will be responsible for all Supplier Quality initiatives and will be located in Chula Vista, CA. The individual will interface with senior leadership within the business to drive strategies to meet the challenging business needs. He or she will also actively interface with the Program Value Streams, Supply Chain, Engineering, etc. to improve the overall supplier quality performance to meet the increasing customer expectations.
This includes but is not limited to responsibility for:
* Continuation of rebranding of the Supplier Quality Management Team.
* All supplier quality, including hardware escape and non-conformance management, root cause and corrective action, improving supplier performance, supplier audits, supporting work transfers and process improvements.
* Implementation of Zero Defect Plans (ZDP) at critical suppliers as part of the larger UTAS and Aerostructures initiatives. ZDPs include the use of Relentless Root Cause Corrective Action (RRCA), UTC Production Part Approval Process (UPPAP) and Process Certification. Report outs on plan and progress will be made to executive team and customers on a regular basis.
* Execution of Aerostructures Supplier Quality Initiatives; Supplier Audit Program, FAI Approval Process, Special Process Compliance, Vendor Material Review Request (VMRR) Defect Reduction, Authorization to Release Program, Leadership Development, Supplier Conferences, etc.
* Voting member of the Work Transfer Passport Process.
* Voting member of the Special Process Goodrich Management Team (GMT).
* Procedural ownership: ASQR-01-AA and associated documents; Co-Owner of EEP1010 Purchasing.
* Support and present monthly reporting and consolidation of key metrics for region & suppliers.
* Perform various lean manufacturing and product quality techniques and identify additional opportunities for process improvements.
* The successful candidate will be one who:
* Has a proven track record of performance and project execution
* Is a strategic thinker and leader with proven supervisory skills
* Has demonstrated the ability to identify and drive change, adaptability in the face of uncertainty and the ability to hold oneself and others accountable
* Demonstrated ability to develop and coach employees
* Experience solving organizational conflicts in a diplomatic and professional manner
* Strong leadership and communication skills are required
* 10-15 years progressive management experience in quality, operations, supply chain management, or related engineering disciplines.
* High energy and motivation levels to drive initiatives from idea to execution. Works well across multiple business units, functions and with external suppliers.
* Must have experience in RRCA and problem resolution. Should have experience in quality system, product, or technical process audits.
* Ability to multi task and meet critical deadlines.
* Strong people and interpersonal skills. Ability to present project ideas and status to team members, internal customers as well as senior leadership.
* Strong financial acumen to develop, understand and communicate business cases.
* BS in Engineering (Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering/MFG Technology preferred)
* 8-10 years’ experience in Quality, Ops background is preferred
* Audit experience with AS9100 & AS9102.
* Strong C/A implementation background
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.