about 1 month ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The ES SIOP Associate Director will be responsible for ensuring enterprise-level alignment between the financial plan, customer demand, and the operations plans across 4 Business Units and multiple sites and through the supply chain in effort to ensure strong operational performance. The selected candidate will also act as the functional leader for SIOP within ES, with responsibility for talent management, system integrations, process and tool development, and driving process maturity and Standard Factory.
In addition, the ES SIOP Manager will work closely with the operations sites to develop site level SIOP processes and improve integration at all levels of the organization.
This position will require a highly adaptable leader, who can coordinate a cross-functional team at varying levels of the organization and balance the often conflicting and variable requirements of customers and stakeholders with strategies that will yield strong performance results for ES.
* Drive all aspects of the SIOP process as well as thought leadership and Strategy Development and Deployment.
* Responsible to implement UTAS Standard Factory SIOP process within the business unit to optimize the utilization of business resources, minimize working capital, maximize cash flow and exceed customer's expectations for delivery.
* Manage and support the SIOP process through effective stakeholder alignment and change management techniques.
* Drive leading indicators of forecast accuracy and bias to yield improved On Time Delivery and Inventory.
* Ensure the scheduling, preparation and facilitation of regular SIOP reviews.
* Identify the appropriate demand families (product lines, customer, market, etc) and establish their data relationship linkages.
* Collaborate with program management, contracts, and other functions to develop the demand plan.
* Develop a process for identification of new demand streams and impacts from engineering changes, product obsolescence, and transitions (Supply & Footprint).
* Collaborate with Operations, Materials Management and Supply Chain to develop the supply plan by using: business forecast, inventory position, actual customer orders, and the defined capacity parameters; while identifying and setting stretch targets for customer service and working capital.
* Develop and track appropriate metrics to drive results and continuous improvement.
* Manage monthly SIOP process, action plans, issue resolution, and escalations.
* Drive SIOP maturity and continuous improvement by utilizing ACE tools and methodologies.
* Lead SIOP and Business Intelligence process maturity efforts.
* 10 years of progressive experience in Operations, Materials Management, Supply Chain, or Demand Management.
* 6 years experience leading a SIOP, Demand and Fore casting process.
* Change Leadership certification, training and experience.
* Demonstrated success in implementing and continuous improvement of the SIOP process aligned to a lean materials flow strategy and lean with a track record of driving business results.
* Strong facilitation and presentation skills; has successfully facilitated initiatives that improve process and a culture of change.
* Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills.
* Proven ability to lead across organizational boundaries.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of formats and audiences.
* Able to effectively interact with employees at all levels.
* Past success in presenting to executive leadership and influencing key decision makers.
* Ability to work under pressure with a bias for action and focus on results. High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
* Highly skilled in utilizing data based problem solving methodologies to identify root cause and define solutions.
* Knowledge of ACE and Lean principles, tools and processes.
* Supply Chain Management, Business, or Finance degree preferred.
* Demonstrated proficiency in ERP systems, SAP and SAP IBP preferred.
* APICS CPIM preferred.
* Six Sigma Black Belt, Six Sigma Green Belt and Lean Certification preferred.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Advanced degree preferred (MS, MBA).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.