10 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is looking for a high performance, goal oriented, professional to lead Operational Excellence (OpX) implementation (physical transformation and process maturity) aligned to the ACE Operating System. This position will have responsibility for implementing the ACE Operating System, exclusively using the ACE Implementation Matrix (AIM). Collaboration and reporting of progression and results will be required at various levels of the organization (site, Business Unit(s) and Central Functions).
The incumbent will report to the Executive Director of OpX and will work alongside Operations leaders and their teams to implement an end to end production system in a multi-site environment. They will interact with other members of the Charlotte based OpX Team, as well as OpX focals at the sites. This high visibility role will develop the candidate's knowledge of the various aspects of the entire Operations Value Chain (Production, Materials, Supply Chain, SIOP).
AIM is a UTAS production operating system that aligns all major elements of Operations (Production, Materials, Supply Chain and SIOP) so that they work together in a harmonious system. Operations sites will transform using AIM in a structured process and series of activities and events. This position provides great visibility to each SBU within UTAS as well as divisional HQ.
Success will be defined by the successful implementation and progression through AIM with improvement in the maturity and relevant KPIs of each process. Candidate must be knowledgeable in VSM, Process mapping QCPC, RRCA, standard work, as well as physical transformation (line back logistics: analysis/VSM, MSW/cell design/3P, materials presentation, takted logistics, supermarket/receiving, supplier integration). Candidate will be running events as well as coaching others, developing standards, and reporting on progress.
* Plan, lead and execute the implementation of the ACE Operating System (AIM) across UTAS sites.
* Transform sites/cells to flow/pitch/takt using standard work
* Align all portions of the Production System to work in harmony
* Coach/guide/mentor/assist Site OpX & Operations leaders to create self- sufficiency within the sites
* Determine/monitor/improve KPI's and implementation processes
* Train all levels and functions of the SBU
* IT Systems (ACP tool, website, SharePoint, web based content delivery, etc.)
* Positively affect KPI change, including, but not limited to:
* Lead Time (Days to Manufacture) decreases
* On Time Start increases
* Productivity increases
* Schedule Stabilization improvement
* Inventory reduction
* SWIP to WIP ratio improvements
* percent of parts with a Plan For Every Part
* Enhancing the program to world class levels through innovation and benchmarking
* Lead special projects as needed
NOTE: Relocation available to Charlotte HQ, but not required as long as candidate understand heavy travel requirements.
* 7 years in Operations/ACE/Lean related Leadership/Management roles with at least 3 years in shop floor leadership role(cell/unit/support functions/site management)
* Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing practices and Operations/Shop Floor
* Strong knowledge in Materials/SIOP/Supply Chain
* Strong organizational / project management skills
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Strong written, verbal communication and data analytical skills
* Experience using Microsoft Office- Excel, Word, Powerpoint: Creating, Updating Spreadsheets/Documents/Presentations
* Experienced in leading cross-functional teams within a complex matrix organization
* SAP knowledge
* ACE Practitioner (or equivalent)
* Certified Lean Transformation Leader or APICS certification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field (possible to substitute Associates degree in conjunction with long-term experience if Bachelors being actively pursued)
* MBA or Master's Degree in an associated discipline a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.