7 months ago
Associate Director, Accounting & Controllership, Government Finance
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 56876BR Date posted 11/17/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The nature of our global business is complex, and the Controller’s Organization provides numerous critical support functions that serve all UTAS businesses. Key functions include Financial Reporting & Consolidations, Financial Controls, Technical Accounting, Government Finance & Controls, Financial Shared Services, and Treasury. Our responsibility in each of these functions is to facilitate the highest ethical and compliance standards in our worldwide accounting, reporting, controls and compliance processes worldwide.
The U.S. Government (USG) is a significant customer of UTC Aerospace Systems and United Technologies, and has unique accounting and compliance requirements. Accordingly, the skills and experience gained in this role are important building blocks for anyone who works in an aerospace company finance organization. The person in this role will serve as the leader of UTAS’ Government Controls & Compliance team. The Government Controls & Compliance team reports through the Government Finance & Controls organization, reporting to the Associate Director, Government Finance & Controls, and is a key interface with the USG. The team is based in Windsor Locks, CT.
In this role you will:
* Oversee and drive effective U.S. Government (USG) Business Systems controls (Accounting, Estimating, MMAS, Purchasing, Government Property, and EVMS, and related processes) throughout UTAS.
* Develop and facilitate best practices, training, and policy in USG process and controls.
* Facilitate gap assessments, remediation activities and required process changes to ensure USG compliance.
* Liaise with the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), Internal Audit, and UTC on USG compliance and controls issues.
* Report to Senior UTAS Management on the UTAS USG controls environment, vision and key initiatives.
* Lead the activities of the Government Controls Team
The Government Controls team provides valuable compliance support, regulatory guidance, training and controls assessment oversight to ensure key controls are operating effectively throughout UTAS.
6 - 10 years of related work experience required
* USG regulation (e.g. Federal Acquisition Regulations, Cost Accounting Standards)
* Internal controls (financial and /or USG)
* Knowledge of SAP and HFM
* Large Aerospace corporation finance, accounting, operational and/or cost accounting
* Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
The following experience is not required but is a plus:
• Large Aerospace corporation finance, accounting, operational and/or cost accounting
• Big 4 public accounting / Internal Audit
Education BA/BS in Accounting or Finance; Advanced degree is preferred but not required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.