4 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Associate Buyer (PECO)
PECO-Astronics, located in Clackamas, Oregon, designs and manufactures highly engineered commercial aerospace interior components and systems for the aerospace industry. We specialize in Passenger Service Units (PSUs) which incorporate air handling, emergency oxygen, electrical power management and cabin lighting systems. We also manufacture a wide range of fuel tank access doors that meet stringent strength, fuel sealing and anti-corrosion requirements.
In support of our growth, we are seeking to add an Associate Buyer to our supply chain team. PECO personnel regularly interface with our customers, suppliers, and coworkers across business unit lines within manufacturing, accounting, purchasing, sales & customer service, and engineering to analyze needs and develop solutions. It is imperative to our growth that we have a team of individuals who are willing to challenge ideas and continuously strive to make improvements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following duties and others as assigned.
* Places purchase orders for a limited variety of commodities, materials and supplies to support production plans; interacts with Planners, Production/Assembly, Engineering, Suppliers and subcontractors to ensure procurement of materials within approved schedules and quality specifications.
* Obtains quotations and makes quotation comparisons.
* Assists with creating and implementing special purchasing programs with company suppliers including Kanban, JIT delivery, bread man systems, outsourcing, etc.
* Monitors material levels and status of materials; advises Planning of delays and works to resolve material shortage issues.
* Collates data for supplier scorecards, transmits scorecards to suppliers.
* Pulls data and creates graphs for weekly purchasing metrics.
* Performs analysis including make vs. buy and inventory optimization.
* Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation and this position may be responsible for the performance of various functions that may be an integral part of the Company's overall SOX / 404 internal control structure.
No supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Quality - Displays understanding of PECO's Quality Policy; is thorough, accurate and carefully attends to detail; completes tasks and responds to issues in a timely manner; delivers results and manages projects according to established timelines; completes tasks according to standards; seeks ways to exceed standards and improve work quality.
Continuous Improvement - Actively seeks out opportunities to progressively improve work processes and product; identifies inefficiencies in work processes and implements changes that reduce waste and improve accuracy and delivery time; displays ability to quantify the positive impact of implemented changes.
Teamwork - Gains trust and cooperation of others through openness and communication; accepts constructive criticism; is considerate and tactful in dealing with others; eagerly provides assistance to others; displays strong work ethic and integrity in all activities; able to effectively communicate cross-culturally.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below each are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Associate’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent; bachelor’s degree preferred.
* One to four years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Excellent oral and written skills.
* Ability to work in team environment.
* Thorough understanding of MRP theory and concepts.
* Excellent ability to use software including Excel, Word and Power Point.
Astronics-PECO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.