9 months ago
Assoc. I&I Software Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54365BR Date posted 09/28/City Westford
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to the Warfighter? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
The UTAS Information and Intelligence (I&I) Software Group has an entry level opening for a Software Engineer. The I&I Group focuses on image and data processing software applications for unique cutting edge Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems.
As an I&I Software Engineer, you’ll work closely in multi-disciplinary teams developing software and operationalizing mathematical algorithms written in prototyping languages, such as Matlab. You will have the opportunity develop software to process Visible and Infrared imagery as well as other imaging modalities. You learn to process airborne meta-data and generate high accuracy geo-positioning information. You’ll have an opportunity be involved with deep learning applications, automatic target recognition, data analytics and advanced message handling. You’ll participate in the entire software lifecycle from requirements and design, through development, to test and integration.
* Operationalize prototype code from prototyping languages, such as Matlab
* Develop robust, maintainable code
* Work in strong team environment
* Quickly ramp up to meet project goals and balance any competing priorities.
* Develop precise requirements and design documents
* 0-2+ years of experience are required
* Computer applications/programs
* Object Oriented languages
* Integrated Development Environments, such as Eclipse
* Version control software, such as GIT
* Operation Systems, such as Linux, Unix, Solaris, Windows
* Computer applications/programs
* Experience with C/C++, JAVA
* Experience with Matlab, IDL, Mathcad
* Experience with image processing
* Experience with deep learning applications
* Industry/professional experience
* Professional experience as an intern or Coop
* Verbal/written communication, presentation skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Comfortable with preparing and giving presentations
* Teamwork, multitasking, etc.
* Strong team player.
* Ability to multi-task across projects
* 10% travel
* U.S. Citizenship required
* Ability to secure a DoD security clearance
Education: At least a bachelor of science in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.