5 months ago
Incumbent will be responsible for developing and managing standard, effective and efficient processes across UTAS supplier quality function. Leveraging industry and proven best practices in quality management must be able to assess and leverage the most effective aspects of the processes and manage the execution across a global diverse business. Individual will use advanced quality and engineering knowledge to analyze and data mine our quality signature, determine and understand the underlying immediate and strategic drivers of those signatures and be able to convert that analysis into pinpointed strategic and tactical actions. Individual will identify these core SQ processes, develop the tools and procedures to support them, and continually optimize them through analysis of process turnbacks, kaizen events, and incorporation of newly identified best practices and technologies. Advanced knowledge of Aerospace manufacturing, FAA, and SAE global standards along with common industry customer requirements will help ensure success. Special processes (Nadcap) experience an additional benefit. Ability to influence the organization without direct report relationships is must and have exceptional executive presence.
* 10 years Quality, Lean, Six Sigma, and Operations experience.
* Familiarity with Aerospace quality requirements and industry processes and requirements.
* Knowledge of requirements unique to control of special processes.
* Experience facilitating kaizen events and value stream mapping.
* Experience writing procedures and designing processes.
* Good analytical skills and the ability to convert that into actionable information.
* Good organizational skills and project management experience a must.
Education: BA/BS degree engineering/technical field. MBA or advanced degree preferred. Lean and Six Sigma experience and certifications a plus. Aerospace Auditing experience a plus. CQE certification preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.